chapter one-hundred and thirty-five

September 1st - Alice and Frank's Home 

It felt weird, not being at Hogwarts now that fall had rolled in, and for a second, Sirius expected to wake up and see his trunk packed, ready to head to King's Cross. Alas, there was no trunk, and he was no longer living at the Potters', but now had his own home. 

That did not mean that the wizard didn't enjoy waking up next to Nephera tucked into his side as he tried to leave the bed without waking her up. No, Sirius, truly had no room to complain. 

Currently, the group was at Frank and Alice's home, enjoying a few beers and good company, "So wait, wait, you flew here?" asked Dorcas, laughing slightly at the annoyed expression on Nephera's face and the smug one on Sirius's 

The Slytherin huffed out a breath, "Yes, that idiot-" she pointed to the boy, "Finally managed to make his bike fly, meaning that I had to endure about an hour and a half on that death machine," 

"It was perfectly safe!" argued Sirius, "The only thing distracting me was you screaming the entire time!" 

James laughed at his two friends' antics, "You could've just apparated, it would've been much faster," 

"Thank you!" yelled Nephera 

Sirius had a look of betrayal on his face as he looked at his brother, "I will have you know that I magically enhanced it to fly seven times faster than it runs on the ground," he pointed out 

"And that's a good thing?" asked Lily as she walked into the room, raising an eyebrow 

It was a joyous atmosphere, something that had been getting increasingly rarer every day that passed. They were all consciously aware of the fact that there were more important things to worry about than Sirius's motorbike, but no one wanted to ruin the mood, "At least you made it without either of you falling off," laughed Marlene, "Frank, I thought you said something about a pizza?" 

"The muggles said half an hour, how am I supposed to know they meant more?" 

Peter snorted, "Maybe we should give them Padfoot's motorbike," he mused

"I am not giving my baby to anyone!" 

Nephera rolled her eyes, "Great, I've been replaced by a fucking machine," she mumbled, and Remus laughed 

A doorbell rang through the house, and the blonde all but tripped over her own feet trying to get to the food, before she was stopped by Lily, "Marls, love, do you even know how to work muggle money?" she asked 

"No..." 

Sending her a sympathetic smile, the redhead went to the door,  greeting the delivery man and paying for the five pizzas. Lily thought that they had, in fact, bought far too much food for just eight people, but given the fact that Marlene, Peter, and James were three of them, it was understandable, "I still can't understand how you eat that," gagged Peter, while Sirius nodded his head in agreement, "Pineapple on pizza is a crime against humanity," 

Dorcas looked scandalized, "The sweetness of the pineapple balances out the sourness of the cheese, it's about balance," she said, "And at least I'm not putting olives on it like Winchester," 

"You have no room to talk pineapple-lady," said Nephera, glaring at the Ravenclaw 

Remus swallowed the food in his mouth, "Alright, I'm sorry, I can't keep doing this- ignoring everything that's going on, I mean," 

Nephera let out a breath of relief, "Thank fuck, I was growing bored," she said, "So, apparently Voldy's interested in an old wardrobe?" 

Lily, Frank, and Dorcas frowned, not wanting the conversation to turn bleak, but the rest immediately stood up straighter, obviously finding this subject of conversation much more engaging than that concerning pizza toppings.