chapter seventy-six

November 2nd - Hogsmeade 

It was the first Hogsmeade trip of the year, and Nephera and the Gryffindors were certainly excited to attend. There was some discussion about whether or not the Slytherin should leave the protection of the castle, but much to the dismay of everyone that cared for her, the brunette was as adamant as ever about not going into hiding. 

In her opinion, if Voldemort wished to hurt her, he was free to try to do so. 

Ailani would also be meeting them there since Nephera wanted to talk to her about something. Alice in particular was really excited to see the Hawaiian witch again. The pixie-haired Gryffindor had met her briefly when the older witch had come to see Nephera after she had returned, and was completely enthralled by her. 

Nephera and Sirius were at the Three Broomsticks, while the others were out in the shops getting everything ready for Sirius's birthday that weekend. The raven-haired haired boy was turning eighteen the next day, but the group of teens had decided to take a different approach on the way they would celebrate. 

Instead of throwing a large party like they did every year, the group had decided to leave that night to go camping in a forest close to where Peter had grown up. The mousy boy was currently out buying all the alcohol they'd need alongside Dorcas and Marlene, while Remus was in charge of the drugs and Lily was trying to buy as many snacks as possible. 

James had briefly apparated back to the Potter Estate and was currently trying to steal his father's tend without Euphemia noticing he was there. 

"I suppose this is a good time as any to give you one of your presents," mused the girl after Sirius had returned back to the table, carrying two butterbeers 

The Gryffindor raised an eyebrow, "One of them?" he asked, putting an arm around her waist and pulling his witch closer to him 

His witch, he thought, it had a nice ring to it. 

Leaning closer to him, so as to not be overheard, she whispered in his ear, "You'll get the other one if you manage to get to guys out of the dorm tonight," 

He only smirked in response, far too used to her teasing nature to be flustered, "Judging by that time in the empty classroom, I would've thought you had an exhibition kink," 

"And if I recall correctly, you held a knife to my throat and made me say I'm yours, apparently you wanted the entire castle to hear," the Slytherin shot back, and this time Sirius did slightly blush, covering it up by running a hand through his hair 

She opened the small box she had taken out of her bag and handed it to him. The boy opened it curiously, only to find two metal bands in it with strange engravings. 

It looked like runes, for it wasn't any sort of alphabet he recognized. Wondering what they could be, he turned to the brunette next to him. 

Nephera smiled at his curiosity, happy with the fact that he was intrigued, but offered no verbal answer as she picked up one of them and placed it around his wrist. The boy relished in the feeling of her cold fingers brushing against his skin, and he kept on watching as she fastened the other band to her wrist. 

He saw as she tapped her finger on one of the runes situated at the center, 'Interesting, right?' he heard Nephera's voice in his head

"Holy shit!" he exclaimed, apparently a little too loudly since many people around the pub turned to look at the pair 

Nephera shot a warning look at everyone gazing in their direction, and the pairs of eyes quickly averted themselves, "Tap on that rune three times, say my name in your head and then think of something, and I'll be able to hear it,"