chapter forty-seven

Start from the beginning

"Lo why–"

"Don't call me that," She cut him off.

"I can't call you–"

"No." She looked at the clock, willing it to make the time go by faster.

"Lourdes, you really acting like this right now? This how you want things to be?" He asked her with raised eyebrows. He didn't understand where this attitude was coming from. While they were broken up, he thought they were still friends. Lourdes squinted her eyes at him, confused as to what he was talking about.

"Are you forgetting? We're not together anymore, and that's because of you. Stop acting like we're friends or some shit,"

"Lo, we not–"

"I told you to stop calling me that," She raised her voice, getting annoyed. She couldn't handle being stuck in a room with him anymore and she was cursing all of her friends out in her mind for putting her in this situation.

"So what you want then? Huh?"

"I want you to shut up talking to me," She snapped and he took a deep breath. She was testing his patience and he didn't have a lot of it nowadays.

"No."

"No?" She repeated.

"No Lourdes. Yeah we broke up, but I still fucking love you, you don't see that? I want us to be together. But we can't do that if we don't talk," He communicated but she still wasn't having it.

"I don't want to talk with you, why don't you go 'talk' with your new girl? I'm sure she'd love that," She quipped. He reeled back in shock, confused as to what girl she was talking about. His face must have given away that he was in confusion, which for some reason set Lourdes off.

"What? You don't know who I'm talking about? Too many girls that you're getting confused about which one I'm talking about? It's only been 2 weeks and you already went back to your old ways huh?" Her voice became shaky but she continued, "You couldn't even wait like a month? How many girls did you fuck?"

"I'on know what you talking–"

"Stop fucking lying!" She yelled while tears streamed down her face, "You accused me of cheating, but you're out here already fucking people 2 weeks after we broke up. Did you mean anything that you ever said to me? Did you even love me?" She yelled, her voice cracking. She didn't even realize he'd walked towards her and before she knew it he was standing in front of her.

"Baby–"

"Don't call me that!" She finally broke down, screaming at this point, "I'm not your baby anymore!" She sobbed, losing her balance and falling but he caught her, grabbing her and pulling her close to him. She weakly pushed him off but he held onto her tightly. Eventually, she stopped struggling and just let him hold her. She almost hugged him back but she chose not to, still crying her eyes out.

"Don't touch me!" She came to her senses, shoving him away after a moment. She walked to the other side of the room, still sniffling but her anger was coming back now. "I saw you y'know, with that girl at Blowfish. You really moved on that damn quick?" She threw questions out at him, not giving him a chance to reply while he was still confused as to what girl she was talking about.

"Lourdes, what girl are you talking about? I'm not talking or fucking anyone bruh, I don't know what you saw," He said calmly but she wasn't even retaining anything he was saying to her.

"Why are you lying? I saw you–"

"Whatever you 'saw' wasn't correct," He cut her off and she rolled her eyes, scoffing.