"There's always next time, right?"

"Yeah, I guess, how's Jenny doing?"

"Fawning over you know who" she giggled.

I just shook my head and got back to watching the game, just in time to see Ran score from the back row. His body piking as he hit the ball. So much power. He pointed towards me and winked. He needs to stop or I'll end up in the hospital.

"He's like so in to you" Jenny said.

"Not really, how's Fukuyama-san?" I asked.

She didn't answer, she just smiled.

Ran had another solo block and he pointed at me again, I pointed back he just laughed. Then he hits an ace! Seriously! My lord... This guy is having the time of his life. His next serve ended up being the last one for the match, Japan winning 3-1 against Bahrain. We had the usual group photo, had Jenny and Miyaka post the content on Instagram.

"Ran," I called out.

"Hmm?"

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Depends.."

I rolled my eyes, I looked at the area where I met the two girls and boy were and they were there waiting for him.

"You see those two girls over there and the little boy?" pointing at the trio.

He looked to see where I was talking pointing, the little boy jumping up and down, waving at him, when he saw Ran look towards them.

"They asked earlier if we were going out and I didn't want to say anything without letting you know first.. and that boy is a big fan"

"What do I get out of it?"

"Ran"

"I'm kidding, join me?" he asked.

"Sure"

We walked to the trio together, the boy's face lit up when Ran waved to them and the girls got shy.

"I heard you guys have questions" he said. I stayed back and let him handle the kid and teens.

"Yes! Can I please take a picture with you? Also, how do I get to be tall and be as good as you are?" the boy asked, bouncing up and down.

"Well, first, you have to eat healthy and make sure you get enough sleep. Then you have to practice hard all the time and make sure that you listen to your coach" Ran said, signing the boy's jersey. The boy's sister took a picture of them together.

"Ok! I will be the next ace of Japan!"

"I'll watch out for that" Ran replies, smiling at the boy infront of him.

The girls got pictures with him as well, then one of them asked, "Higurashi-san told me to ask you if the rumors are true"

"What rumors?"

"That you two are in a relationship"

He turned to look at me and I just smiled. Up to him on how he wants to answer that question.

"What do you think?"

"We don't have concrete proof, but it seems like it"

"Girls are gross" the boy answered.

Ran and I laughed at that.

"Wait until you grow up," he told the boy, bending down, "Wait until you find someone who will make your heart flutter and give you butterflies, someone who will push you to be your very best, and someone who you can't live without" he added looking at me, smiling. I smiled back.