iv

[UNEDITED]

No applied warnings for this chapter. But it is long and not necessarily exciting LMFAOO

--- 

After following Eraserhead out of the office, he was lead straight back through the main area and passed the reception and back outside.
In confusion, the cat spoke up, "Ah, if it isn't a bother, Eraserhead. Where, exactly are you taking me?"

"Call me Aizawa. We are going to my agency, where you will be adequately briefed and prepared for your mission." He sounded tired, but his words were sharp and straight to the point. Kazuko nodded, and the rest of the walk to Aizawa's car was in stiff silence.

It took Kazuko about five minutes into the suffocating car ride till he spoke up again.

"Uhm, Mr. Aizawa? Do you think we could turn on the radio?" Without a word of complaint, the hero reached towards the car's stereo and turned it on.

"JESUS CHRIST?!" Kaz yowled, his hands shooting up to grab at his sensitive ears as Present Mic's voice blared through the speakers at full volume. The sound bounced off the car, making the entire thing shake. Aizawa cringed.

"Sorry." and turned the volume all the way down to a more regular volume. He glanced at Kaz. "I didn't rupture an eardrum or anything, did I?"

The blonde slowly brought his hands down from his ears, now ringing, but it wasn't anything horrible. "No, sorry, I'm alright. I've got sensitive hearing cause of the whole cat ear thing. Just got a bit startled," The cat reassured.

Aizawa glanced at him, his eyes flicking up to the ears resting on top of his head for a mere second before turning back to the dark and empty road.

"Hmm," Was the hero's response before the two descended into silence again. Kazuko didn't break the silence this time, only zoning out as he listened to Present Mic drone about the latest villain attacks and meaningless hero gossip.

It wasn't long after that till Kazuko was jolted back to the real world by the car coming to an abrupt stop, and he heard Aizawa take the keys out of the ignition. He looked at the man who was now getting out of the car before following suit. Once he got out, he inspected the building in front of them. It wasn't flashy, say like All Might's. It just looked like a well-kept office building with zero indication of it being a hero agency. It blended right in with the city around them. It's a smart move for underground heroes. Noticing Aizawa was already pulling the door of the building open, he quickly made his way over. He was thinking to himself that he had to stop letting the hero leave him behind so often.

Inside the building was a much different sight. It looked more like a typical mid-ranked hero agency would than he initially thought, with clean floors that reflected the luminescent lights, a reception area, and mildly busy despite being in the middle of the night.

"To be honest, Mr. Aizawa. I'd thought you'd be working in a dingy apartment with the basic corkboard-and-red strings thing going on," Kazuko admitted to the man as they made their way to the elevator.

Aizawa let out a breath through his nose from slight amusement, "That'd be impractical; it is no longer the 20th century. I use a digital corkboard."

Kazuko snorted as the elevator dinged and the doors opened, revealing a pretty woman in civilian clothes on the other side.

"Oh! Shouta! I was just looking for you." She beamed, her white teeth practically blinding Kazuko.

'First name basis? His girlfriend maybe?' Kazuko thought as he rapidly glanced between the two. After all, it does seem the norm for highly gorgeous girls to date.... Questionable-looking men. It wasn't that he didn't think the rugged hero was attractive. The man was quite literally his type. It's just that he had a horrible taste a lot of the time.

"Not right now, Nemuri. Busy." she made space, stepping to the side as they left the elevator.

'Yikes! What a shitty boyfriend(?)!'

That's when Nemuri made eye contact with Kazuko. She quirked her eyebrow.

"Ohh? Who's this?" She asked in a suggestive tone. Kazuko's eyes grew wide as she realized what she was implying. Beside him, Aizawa sighed.

"Just a co-worker, Nemuri. If you would please excuse us, we have work to do. It's late. Go home." Kaz, being a friendly person, did not hesitate to introduce himself.

"I'm Nakamura Kazuko Ma'am. I'm a sidekick with Mirko's agency working on a huge case with Mr. Aizawa. Sorry for taking up so much of your friend's time," He smiled at her politely.

"Ma'am? God no. Please, call me Kayama. And don't apologize. If you two have work to do, I'll get out of your guy's way." Oh, Kazuko thought. She's pretty and nice. Definitely not Eraserhead's girlfriend.

"Bye." Aizawa patted her shoulder as he made her way past her and then disappeared into his what was presumably his office.

"It was nice meeting you, Ms. Kayama. I must be going now."

"You too Nakamura, Let's meet again sometime!" She said, pressing the down button on the elevator. Kaz grinned at her, agreeing.

---

"Okay. Yeah, this is more like what I expected." Ignoring the look Eraserhead gave him as he shuffled through different files, trying to find the correct one.

When Kazuko entered the office, the first thing he'd noticed was that either the main light- source was dead or too bright because the room was lit up by two desk lamps and a touch-sensitive holographic projection. Aizawa wasn't joking when he said he used a digital corkboard. However, it was the giant beanbag and blanket that caught his eye. The pro-hero must sleep here often for him to have that. Was the trash also starting to overfill with coffee cups and juice boxes? It wasn't the messiest office, the air did feel and smell a bit stale, and the scratchy carpet definitely needs to be vacuumed, but he wouldn't dare to complain to the hero about his own office. 

Aizawa chucked him a manilla file, no doubt the same as the one because as he failed to catch it, the photo of the man from earlier slipped out, Baji. Presumedly the right-hand-man of some bigshot drug trafficking head. Aizawa stared as he fumbled to pick up all the papers and put them all in the file again. Kazuko stood up and made direct eye contact with the man, file firmly in his grasp this time. 

"Let's get started." 

A/N

so sorry for the most boringest chapter ever lolzies, but it was for something i think. it does mark the end of the introduction so it will pick up i promise lol. for all concerned. there IS romance in this fic but, its not driven by it and i literally have no idea when it will happen. but kazuko and aizawa will  kiss kiss or whatevs. anyway thanks 4 reading lol