Chapter 26

Hinata woke up early this morning. He looked at the time to see it was only three am. Hinata pants and wipes the sweat off his face. He looked around his room and sighed. He scared himself to death in his nightmare.

It was as if it was the end of time. Hinata hated that he felt like he was going to die someday. He got out of bed quickly feeling stressed and walked out of his room. It was cold but he didn't care. It was dark but he wasn't worried about that.

He walked straight to Shiro's room. He paused for a moment then sighed. He didn't know what to do. Hinata didn't know what he felt but he felt terrified.

"Dad?"He mumbles and looked at the door sadly.

When he would have a nightmare. He would walk out to his dad and wake him up. Ever since he was little his dad always told him to wake him up if something was wrong. His dad would get out of bed and take him to the kitchen.

Of course, he remembered how confusing it was. Until his dad would make a cup of honey green tea. He placed it on the table and sat Hinata down to drink. They would make themselves comfortable until Hinata would speak about his nightmares.

Eventually, his dad would tuck him to sleep. He either pat his back or caressed his hair. He and his dad were almost similar. Even though Hinata can be very stubborn like his mom. He loved hugs, he loved physical touch more than anything.

"Dad."He called out again to hear a groan.

He sighed knowing he wouldn't get an answer. He was about to close the door until he heard a yawn. He ignored it and continued to close it slowly.

"Shouyou?"He heard and peaked to see the male's head was up looking at him confused.

"What are you doing here?"He asked and Hinata sighed.

"I had a nightmare."

"Oh..."Shiro could just say. "Why don't you come here?"

Hinata nodded and walked to him as the man sat up. He felt bad for waking him up. He should've just went to his room and back to bed. Yet he's just stupid.

Shiro got up from his bed then walked to a drawer. He opened the first door. He took something out then showed it to Hinata. It was a bear. It seemed fluffy and cute. The color beige and hands holding a red heart in the middle.

"This is a comfort bear. I was going to give this to you before but I just haven't had the chance."He said handing it to Hinata with a smile.

Hinata held it and looked back at him. "Thank you."

"No problem. Do you wanna talk about why you're awake?"He asked and Hinata sighed.

"I thought I was going to die. I saw my parents and friends just looking for me while I was dead. It scared me."Hinata said honestly while hugging the bear tightly.

Hinata got in between the bear's arms and hugged him. Of course, the heart was connected through its hands seemingly feeling as if someone was hugging him back. He stared at Shiro in the dark for a moment.

"You're not going to die here,"Shiro said clenching his fist.

"I won't let that happen,"Shiro assured him as Hinata hummed.

Shiro would rather die than let him die. He would sacrifice himself for Hinata. He didn't care if he was blood-related or not. If he was from this world or not. He was his son right now, before and in the future.

"I know that. I trust you."Hinata said and Shiro gulped.

"Do you want to sleep together to calm you down?"He asked.

"Yes. Yes, that would help."Hinata said excitedly.

Hinata went to lay in bed with the bear and touched it. Shiro pulled the blanket closer to his shoulders then laid next to him to do the same. Hinata turned to face Shiro with a smile.

Hinata wanted a pat on his back or someone caressing his hair but nothing. He started to feel seriously homesick. He sighed and looked back at the bear.

Shiro looked at Hinata who seemed to be sad. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Good night."He said and quickly closed his eyes.

Shiro leaned his arm on the pillow and his hand on the right side of his head. He stared at Hinata who seemingly kept opening and closing his eyes trying to sleep. He knew the child wouldn't sleep.

"Why aren't you sleeping?"Shiro asked him.

"I can't sleep"

"I know a way you can sleep."Hinata turned his head to pay attention.

"Just close your eyes."He said and Hinata nodded.

"Dream about something you want? Something you want to accomplish or be."Shiro told him and Hinata nodded.

Hinata thought of playing volleyball. The idea of being a volleyball throughout his future. Seeing all his friends and happy. Hearing cheers and his name. He would just smile and wave. He would do anything for his family.

He started to slowly fall asleep thinking about a bunch of dreams he wanted to become true. Shiro chuckled hearing him snore a little. The bear was still hugging him. He fixed his blanket and pushed the bear down so its arms don't choke Hinata.

Shiro laid his head down and turned his body to the left. He was happy to be a father though he knows he can't be the biological one nor replace him. He doesn't want to replace him either. Instead, he wants to be another father figure for Hinata.

He would never replace, never use or think he was Hinata's actual father. He wished but knows he can't. Shiro knows the child might go home soon but he doesn't want to let go. He wants him for a while. He sighed and closed his eyes.

He knows he'll just be alone again.