9- New Acquaintances

Michael was asleep on my shoulders when I came to a stop beside a small corner shop.

My legs were a bit sore from walking but I disregarded it.

Gripping Michael steadily, I checked around to see if anyone was around before walking in.

The store was a mess.

Food was everywhere, no people where anywhere to be seen and the windows were all broken as if someone had broken in.

It set me a little on edge as I held onto Michael harder without even noticing.

Nobody will hurt my Michael.

I grabbed a bag from the counter and stuffed it with all kinds of food and drinks, I want to make sure Michael will eat atleast something that I get.

When I was shoving one of the last things into my bag (it took a while because I could only use one hand as the other was holding onto Michael), I heard a sound from behind me.

I turned quickly and saw nothing but upon closer inspection I noticed two figures hiding behind an isle.

My heart skipped a beat and I turned to walk out of the store with Michael when a hand placed itself on my shoulder, forcefully making me turn around.

A softer pair of hands took Michael out of my arms while the first pair shoved me up against the wall.

It was hard to breathe.

"Who are you and why are you here?" The boy spoke. He was freakishly tall and had dirty blond locks that covered most of his face. He was wearing a black and white hoodie and had a scowl on his face.

"I-" I couldn't speak, hell I couldn't even breathe. I felt like passing out.

"Ranboo loosen your grip! The boy can't breathe!" A second voice spoke, assumingly the one that took Michael from me.

But sure enough the tall guy loosened his grip a little, just enough for me to breathe but not enough for me to escape his hold.

"I- I'm Tommy. Please don't send me back I just got out." I rushed as I spoke. I didn't want these two freaks to send me back.

"Oh." The tall one said before letting me fall to the ground.

"In that case, I'm Ranboo and this is Tubbo." 'Ranboo' gestured towards a noticeably smaller brunette in a green button up beside him. He had Michael securely in his arms (Michael still somehow hadn't woken up)

'Tubbo' Waved at me with a sheepish smile.

"Sorry about that by the way. Was scared you were a threat." Ranboo spoke while wiping his hands on his trousers.

"Me a threat?" I laughed a little, it wasn't a genuine laugh like the ones that tickle your stomach but it was something.

Tubbo and Ranboo laughed before Ranboo offered me a hand to help me out.

I took the hand.

"Good good. We should probably get going before the police show up, the owners didn't seem too happy with us if I'm gonna be honest." Tubbo spoke, Michael snoring away with his head on his shoulder.

Tubbo looked like he knew how to work with kids, something I lacked.

Still I was weary, I can't let them hurt my Michael.

Tubbo led the way out of the store and up to a small white van.

I would have laughed and called it sketchy if the police weren't out to murder us.

Still I got inside and immediately demanded Michael back. I did so manly. 

"Can I have Michael back now?" I huffed.

"Michael?" Ranboo asked confused.

"The child Ranboob." I rolled my eyes before looking back at Tubbo.

He sighed before giving me Michael and sat in the drivers seat.

"Buckle up, this is going to be one hell of a ride." Tubbo spoke before he boosted his small foot onto the peddle and we spun forwards.

One hell of a ride indeed.