7- Not Everyone Pulls Through

"PURPLED FUCKING GRAY THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA!"

We were currently on the run with about three hundred kids and loads of armed dudes chasing us.

What we would do beyond the gates was not thought through.

Teens and children where running for their lives, some tripping after getting shot, some ahead and some falling behind.

Me and Purpled- well we are in the centre of it all.

Would not recommend.

I swear I've never ran this fast before, not even at sports day and I'll tell you one thing, I was insanely competitive.

This was different though. I can't just turn around to the adults armed with guns and simply say "I don't want to do this race, can I pick a different one?"

(Well I probably could, I would just get shot).

No. I have to do this race. Even if I don't win the race I still have to make it past the line.

Kids were now splitting up and going different directions, some left, some right, some going straight forward.

Me and Purpled didn't know which way to go.

"WHAT WAY?!"

"I DON'T KNOW, ANYTHING I SAY WON'T COUNT!"

"YEAH OKAY GO LEFT"

And that's how we ended up turning left.

Probably at the worst time we could have as a truck was coming and we didn't see it until it was too late.

"PURPLED?!" No. No, I simply refuse.

"Thes! Go! They are catching up! Go on without me I'll be okay!"

I crouched down to look him in the eyes, "But I- I can't! You're the one with all the bright ideas, all the motivation, all the hope! What would I do without you?! What am I without you?"

He coughed before locking eyes with me, "Yourself. If you don't do this for you do it for me! Promise me something Theseus."

I gave him a nod as a signal to carry on with what he is saying.

"Promise me that you will leave me here, but don't forgot me. Remember me but find someone new, okay? Go before they catch up they are close, you'll find someone else to continue this journey with. Love you, Thes, goodbye."

I looked behind me, and sure enough they were almost at the corner we turned at.

"Purpled- This wasn't a terrible idea. I love you. I- I can't do this without you. You don't understand how much you mean to me." My eyes were drowning in tears but I didn't care.

"THESEUS GO! GO! FORGET ABOUT ME. GET. YOURSELF. TO. SAFETY. GO!"

I sighed deeply, "For you Purpled." I spoke before getting up and running.

I will need to get these people off my trail soon, I don't think I can run much longer.

A chicken can't outrun a cheetah.

After all the chicken might not even be stable enough on his or her own two feet.