At this, both you and Ivar laughed.

"Neither of you care, do you?"

"I care about winning this war." Ivar said. "Where my Astrid stands, I do not know."

"I care. Both about us and about our current enemy." You snarled, both you and Ivar glaring at each other.

"Halfdan, you have to choose between a friend or a brother. To me, the answer is obvious." Ivar said before crawling away

"The Lord hath said unto me, thou art my son; this day, I have begotten you. Appeal to me... and I shall grant nations into your own inheritance and I shall extend your authority over the borders of nations. And I will make you control them with an iron rod, and you might break them as easily as... the potter... can break a pot."

With that, Heahmend walked off, leaving everyone confused at his words.

-

Now, you all stood in a box. Not a box as in wooden box but a square. On one side stood Lagertha and the leaders of her forces and on the other were your people.

"We all know today we have so many shield maidens and warriors at arms, that we must decide if we fight or we reach the accommodation allowing us to go live our lives with integrity and honour." Bjorn said, looking to you all, specifically you and Ivar

You two were slowly forgiving each other as you stood behind him, a hand on his shoulder while he gripped that hand with an iron tight fist.

"I call upon my brothers, Ivar. Hvitserk." Bjorn said as he looked to them both. "Let's put aside our differences, for the sake of our father. A civil war can only bring tragedy, weaken our family, and set in train a lifetime of revenge obligations for those who manage to survive. Is that really what you all want?!"

"I want to speak up and support Bjorn and his call for a peaceful resolution. It is true I set my face against my brother. But if you can forgive me, Ivar, let us make an accord" Ubbe spoke up. "The same goes for you, Astrid. I still consider you my greatest friend and if you forgive me for leaving, we can also make an accord."

"We are going to war for the Kingdom of Kattegat. The Kingdom of Kattegat was foraged out by my husband Ragnar Lothbrok... and then by me." Lagertha said as she stood from her seat. "I am its rightful Queen. What we should be discussing is how we combine our great armies, and direct them out towards new lands, new conquests, new opportunities. What a terrible pity to kill our young men for a piece of land which is already ours."

"Astrid! Both of you!" Lagertha said

Both yours and Astrid's eyes snapped to Lagertha. "I am happy to see both of you again. Whatever has happened, I don't want to fight either of you."

While Astrid nodded, you remained silent and glared at Lagertha.

"Child... tell me what you wish to say." Lagertha said

"I do not wish to fight either, Aunt Lagertha." You said, noticing how the woman's eyes lit up at the name. "Which is why I hope you'll step down from the throne and leave Kattegat so we can reclaim it with no killing. Astrid and Harald are married now, as well. Did you know that? No matter what you say, she will not go back with you and neither will I. So please, I beg you to leave Kattegat."

Lagertha said nothing as her smile faded while Halfdan spoke up.

"Brother, let's not fight." Halfdan said. "What can we gain? Nothing."

"On the contrary." Harald said with a smirk. "We will gain the world. Join us and I will share it with you."

"Then it is really up to you, Ivar." Bjorn said. "If you decide that you cannot fight against your brothers... that you do not want to fight against your brothers... then we can find an accord. And King Harald can't stop us."