The Message

You had finally arrived at King Harald's kingdom after a few weeks at sea.

You had been escorted into the palace where you came face to face with Harald and Astrid, Lagertha's lover. You were surprised to see her sitting on a throne beside Harald but you said nothing.

"Ivar and Hvitserk Lothbrok. Astrid Vilgerðarson. Why did you not return to Kattegat?" Harald asked

"You don't need the Seer to know that Ubbe and I fell out. We disagreed about many things. But in the end, Hvitserk and Astrid agreed with me and Ubbe sailed alone to Kattegat and that is why we're here." Ivar explained

"A good choice. A good choice." Harald nodded. "Surely, you all remember Astrid? My Astrid, I mean. She is my Queen now."

"Astrid." The woman smiled as she stood and walked toward you, giving you a hug, surprisingly.

"Hello, Astrid." You chuckled, earning a chuckle in response from the woman. You both found that you two having the same name was amusing and it truly was to you.

"We are happy for the both of you." You said, glancing at a shocked Ivar. He clearly had not expected this.

"Oh thank you, darling." Astrid smiled as she walked back to her throne, guiding you to stand beside her.

"So, do I understand that you and your warriors will support me when I attack Kattegat?" Harald asked

"Straight to it. I like it." Ivar chuckled. "Yes, we will."

"But only if Ivar is made King." Hvitserk spoke up, everyone now looking to him.

"You know that I have my own plans for that Kingdom." Harald said

"Of course. Of course." Ivar nodded. "And that is why we are here and what I think my dear brother is trying to say is that, in the long term, what is to stop you from ruling Kattegat when I am dead and gone? How long can that be? I'm not a healthy person. I'm just a cripple, after all." He said

"But your brother Hvitserk?" Harald asked

"All that matters to all of us is to reclaim the the Kingdom that was torn from us by that murderous bitch, Lagertha Ingstad." Ivar said

"We want to be in an alliance with you, King Harald. To make that happen." You spoke up, the King now looking to you. "And soon, we hope."

"You have a prisoner." Harald said. "I have heard of this man. Where is he?"

"Bring the Christian!" Ivar ordered. "Come, my love." Ivar told you.

Astrid let your hand go and allowed you to move toward Ivar who quickly wrapped his arm around your waist like always.

Heahmend was dragged in, breathing heavily.

"On his knees." You said

Your men forced him to his knees while Ivar smirked. "Bishop Heahmend."

"What is the point of him?" Harald asked. "Why don't you just kill him?"

"Because he is a great warrior." Ivar said. "We've seen how he fights with our own eyes. And I admire great warriors."

"He will fight for us?" Harald asked

"Maybe." You chuckled. "If he doesn't want to get crucified."

With that, you, Ivar and Harald began to laugh.

"The Lord rules me. I shall want for nothing-"

Ivar yanked the Bishop's head back by his hair, quieting the strange words as the laughter stopped.