It's Time to Face a New Beginning

Another week had passed since the small incident (Pffft. Small).

As soon as Tony regained consciousness, he had scolded Peter for his recklessness in the situation. He then proceeded to punish Peter by taking away all of his knives—at least the ones he could find. Peter kept them stashed everywhere. A habit he picked up from Bucky and Nat.

The media had calmed down a bit. They still surrounded Stark Towers, questioning almost anyone who came out, but at least they stopped trying to break down the front doors. (Some idiot had tried to throw a brick—a brick—at a glass window in an attempt to break it, scaring dozens of employees, standing in front of said window, in the process.)

Tony ended up holding a press conference to try to settle everyone down. He didn't want to, but Pepper made him. She said answers would satisfy the reporters and the paparazzi. He ended up mentioning the brick incident causing one of the reporters to sheepishly look away. Uncontrolled laughter from behind one of the curtains followed. Everyone heard it. The people in the conference room got to witness Captain America dragging one laughing Peter Stark out the doors. Tony threatened to sue if they showed any of the footage.

Now, it was another normal Tuesday morning, and Peter sat at the counter, nervously shoving spoonfuls of cereal down his throat. Peregrine relaxed on his lap, purring, which helped to calm him down a bit.

Tony leaned against one of the counters, sipping coffee. "Are you sure about this?" He asked.

Peter nodded his head and pushed another spoonful of cereal into his mouth. He made sure to swallow before he spoke—his dad hated it when he talked with food in his mouth. "I'll have to face them eventually," he threw out. "Might as well do it now."

"So, how are we going to do it?" Tony asked as he took another sip of his coffee. "Take the Iron Man suit and land on the roof? Disguise you as another student? Shove you through a vent?" He paused. "Clint would probably like that idea."

Peter gave him a bewildered look. "I'm just going to go in like I normally do."

Tony frowned. "There's going to be hundreds of reporters and paparazzi around the campus, Peter."

"Yeah, I know." Peter absentmindedly scratched Peregrine under his chin. The cat tilted his head up at the action. "I'll have to face them eventually, too."

As Tony thought over his words, Peter ate a few more spoonfuls of cereal. After a few moments, he smirked. "We could take Uncle Steve's bike and jump the crowd," he joked.

Tony narrowed his eyes. "Absolutely not."

A comfortable silence hung in the air between the two. Peter had come out to eat breakfast much earlier than he normally did. His nervousness about the day ahead stole away his sleep and drove him out of bed. Tony was in the kitchen earlier because he knew he only had one more chance to talk Peter out of his crazy idea.

Peter finally spoke up, "Dad, we're doing this whether you like it or not," he stated. "You need to fix my school papers before someone starts a riot, and I need to face the inevitable future."

Tony sighed, "Fine. But we're doing it my way."

Peter's eyes widened. "No!"

Tony nodded his head and smirked.

---

They took the Bugatti.

Tony argued that since they were already going to be making a huge scene in front of the school, they might as well arrive in style.