It's Hero Time

Peter and Bucky sprinted down the main hallway of Midtown High. They startled a group of theater kids who were probably making their way to an early practice. The teenagers pressed themselves against the walls, eyes filling with fear and shock as they watched their fellow classmate, Peter Parker, race the Winter Soldier down their school hallway.

Rumors would start to spread as soon as Peter left the building. Maybe even before. Since these were theater kids, who tended to be a tad bit dramatic, they would probably be brushed off and laughed at. I mean, who would believe that Peter Parker, the least athletic kid in the whole school (HA!), would be able to keep up with the Winter Soldier?

When Peter's class got out, though. That's another story. When they start talking, people will believe it. The identity of Stark Jr? Who's head wouldn't turn at that. Peter's life was about to take a big dive. A new change was coming, and he didn't know if it was good or bad. Probably bad.

Peter shook his head to rid the thoughts circling around in his mind. He couldn't think about all of this right now. Mind on the mission, Stark! There's a little girl who needs your help.

Peter veered off to the right, entering one of the less used locker rooms. This one happened to have a door leading out into an alleyway. Perfect for changing into his Iron Spider suit. He pushed open the chipped blue doors stationed on the back wall. Rays of sunlight hit his face.

Peter glanced over at Bucky, who was stretching out his muscles preparing for another sprint across the city. At least Stark Towers was closer than the supermarket he was at before. Of course, he already had to run across half of New York, so maybe that point didn't really matter.

Peter pressed a hidden button on one of his black leather bracelets, causing the bands to expand into his web-shooters on both wrists. A holographic screen materialized, and he tapped one of the options given. The nanotech hidden in the leather flowed out, moving up Peter's arms. Red, blue, and gold armor connected over Peter's entire body forming the Iron Spider suit. He preferred the spandex suit, but the Iron Spider was more suitable for a quick change like this.

Without a word, Peter and Bucky took off toward Stark Towers. Peter swung between buildings while Bucky sprinted on the streets below. He skillfully dodged and occasionally jumped over obstacles in his way. They made it to their destination in less than three minutes.

The two met in a nearby alleyway so Peter could retract his suit back into the leather bracelets. Walking into the fight as Spider-Man would attract too much attention. Acting as a civilian would be much more effective. Even if he had to use unknown Stark Tech and reveal himself as Stark Jr. Better to do it on his own terms instead of letting the rumors leak out of his school.

Bucky curiously looked him up and down. "How will you fight?" He asked.

Peter smirked and pressed the button on the leather again. This time he selected a different option on the hologram. A replica of Iron Man's repulsors formed around his hand. "With this," he casually replied. He tapped the button again, and the repulsor retracted back into the leather bracelet. "I also have a knife in my backpack."

A ghost of a smile formed on Bucky's lips. "I've taught you well."

Peter reached behind him and unzipped a side pocket on his backpack. He pulled out a pair of glasses and slid them on. A blue light moved down the glass pane showing him they were active. "In case we get separated, you go help my dad. I'm going to go rescue a kid on the 39th floor." Bucky nodded his head in confirmation. "Let's go then."

Peter and Bucky ran out of the alley, straight for the large group of people standing in front of Stark Towers. When the crowd saw Bucky, they jumped out of the way and parted immediately. That tends to happen when you see the Winter Soldier running straight towards you.