A Stressed Out Police Man, and a Grudge Holding Giant

The first thing Peter noticed when he and Emma turned the corner was that the crowd had moved several feet back, abandoning the metal fence the police had set up. Some people were being pushed back into the busy streets of New York and holding up traffic. Of course, that didn't really bother the drivers too much because they were too busy staring at the second thing Peter noticed. A huge man, who could only be described as a giant, with a backpack the size of a small car sitting on his back. He wielded dual swords made of pure electricity that Peter could only assume were powered by the bag. He came to this conclusion in two ways. One: A thin line of electricity connected the swords to the bag, and two: Iron Man was currently flying around the giant's head, shooting his repulsors at the pack.

Peter picked up Emma and secured her safely in his arms. He couldn't think about his dad or the giant his dad was currently fighting right now. First, he had to get Emma into the crowd of people, where she would be safe, and to her dad, who he assumed was the man interviewed on the news.

Peter darted between park benches and trees, hoping they would protect him and Emma from flying debris the giant would occasionally pick up and throw. Not being seen by the man himself would also help greatly. He didn't want Mr. Electricity to suddenly decide that he and Emma were more worthy opponents than Iron Man.

When Peter and Emma finally got to the crowd, the first thing Peter did was look for Emma's dad. "FRIDAY, scan the crowd for the man interviewed on the news earlier," Peter mumbled.
Hundreds of faces flew across Peter's glasses as FRIDAY searched for the right one. After a few seconds, one face remained, a blue-eyed man with tousled blond hair. Peter made a beeline for him.

The man noticed Peter and Emma right away. He rushed toward them and pulled Emma out of Peter's arms. Emma immediately wrapped her small arms around the man's neck and hugged him.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you," the man frantically repeated as he hugged his daughter close. "I've been so worried for Emma and my wife, Julia."

Peter bounced on the balls of his feet and smiled, "You're welcome, sir." The man's head shot up at the sound of Peter's voice. He looked Peter up and down. Peter self-consciously wrung his hands together. Finally, the man spoke, "You're the kid who flew off earlier," he pointed out.

Peter sheepishly smiled. "Yeah. . . " he trailed off. "I knew your daughter was on the 39th floor. FRIDAY scanned the building for me. Nobody else knew she was up there, and there was nobody on that floor, so I decided to go get her," he rambled.

"How did you—" Peter didn't get to hear the rest of the question because somebody yanked him away from the man. He could probably guess, though: 'How did you use FRIDAY?' or 'How did you fly up there?' or even 'How did you know she was my daughter?' The possibilities were honestly endless.

Peter decided that he should probably look to see who was currently dragging him through the crowd in case someone was trying to kidnap him. Or steal the flying shoes in his bag. Of course, they didn't know they were in his bag, and they obviously weren't on his feet anymore.

Peter tilted his head back and came face to face with the back of an angry officer. Probably the one he had disobeyed earlier. He hoped he wasn't about to get arrested. That would be unfortunate.

The police officer eventually stopped in a slightly less crowded area. He released Peter's arms and crossed his own over his chest. "That was some stunt you pulled, kid," the man scolded.

Peter nodded his head in agreement. He decided that agreeing with the man would get him out of this situation much faster. A crowd of civilians were standing a few feet from a very dangerous fight, and he had a way to protect them. If this officer would stop talking.