Some People are Actually Kinda Smart

The following weekend passed by in a prank frenzy blur—and it was a long one, too, which the Avengers and Pepper greatly appreciated (Note the sarcasm). 

Clint had declared war on Peter, so the two were in an all-out prank war. They were practically recording 24/7. Peter had to remain vigilant at all times, which meant he always had his new leather mask on.

In the beginning, most of the pranks between the two were harmless classics. Peter put baby powder in Clint's blowdryer, Clint dumped a bucket of butter on Peter's head, Peter shoved a plate of whipped cream into Clint's face, and Clint tricked Steve into giving Peter Oreos filled with toothpaste instead of cream. Then the pranks got. . .extreme.

Peter placed a bucket filled to the brim with blue paint above Clint's door early one morning. Clint decided to come out right after he rolled out of bed, so his brain had yet to wake up. He opened the door without a second thought and was drenched, head to toe. Let's just say he was awake enough to chase Peter around the tower for over ten minutes after that. The janitors had a lovely time cleaning up the mess.

Clint reciprocated Peter's prank by filling his entire room, three feet off the floor, with Cheetos. Yes, Cheetos. It ended up backfiring on him, though. Peter spent hours after discovering the cheesy pool sitting in the middle of the mess and indulging himself with Cheetos. Ned and MJ actually came over later in the day and joined him.

Tony was not happy when he saw the mess Peter's room had become. He told the two that the war had to end, so Peter and Clint decided on one final battle. A Nerf war. Winner takes all. The other Avengers eventually got dragged into the fighting. I mean, who doesn't want to participate in a Nerf war?

By the end of the battle, no one had won. Darts littered almost every square inch of floor, and furniture was overturned in every room. Let's just say, when Pepper came home, she was not happy. All the blasters in the house ended up being handed over. They were added to Pepper's collection of other Nerf blasters that had been previously taken. May they rest in peace.

Now, Peter was stuck making his way down Midtown High's main hallway on a boring Tuesday morning, listening to people talk about the videos he and Clint had posted the previous weekend. It was referred to as The Prank War of all Prank Wars. Although, it was nothing compared to some of their other wars. One time Peter duck taped all of Clint's furniture to the ceiling. Now that was fun to watch.

Peter walked into his English class and took a seat beside MJ. Ned came in shortly after and sat down in front of Peter since the desk beside Peter was being occupied. The teacher came in and immediately began her lesson, wasting no time.

Peter tried to pay attention. He really did. But English wasn't his favorite subject. He was much more of a science guy. That's why he found his eyelids growing heavy and his thoughts drifting away. Until the girl beside him let out a loud shriek causing Peter to jump in his seat and nearly have a heart attack.

The girl was sitting in the back row of the class, along with Peter, MJ, and the Random Kid, who he believed to be her friend. She had taken advantage of the back row, like Peter, to scroll through social media on her phone. Of course, because of her loud shriek a few seconds earlier, the teacher took notice of her rule-breaking and glared at her with crossed arms and an unimpressed expression on her face. The girl didn't notice because she was too busy staring intently at her phone, which had some news station up. The girl finally looked up after a few moments.

"Stark Towers was broken into," she breathed out. "They think Tony Stark is being held at gunpoint." Every head that wasn't already turned in her direction whipped around to face her. A few kids even leaped from their seats and rushed over to see for themselves. Peter, having the advantage of sitting beside her, leaned over a bit to see the video.