AMIRA SULTAN p.o.v

Walking back downstairs I saw Ibrahim wiggling his eyebrows. There was an evil smirk on the little kid's face .

Realising he sent me intentionally over there I went to him .

" Why do you dislike me so much? " I seriously want to know .

" Who said I dislike you? " he shrugged .

I was somewhat relieved .

" I hate you " he made a bitter face , there was so much hatred in that little boy's eyes .

Oh no what happened to him so bad that a 13 year old kid has so much hatred.

" Stay away from my sister and brother " he pointed finger in a threatening way .

To tell the truth I was surprised and amused . Surprise that even at such a small age he dared to threaten me and amuse me because he is trying his best to protect his sister and brother from me .

Me .....

I am a harmless creature !!!

My expression softened leaning closer to his face " did someone hurt you before " my tone was softer this time .

For a second his eyes widened , he was expecting me to be angry with him but I know better .

" Why do you care ?" He was trying his best to defend the wall he has been building around his heart .

" Because I got hurt too " I held both of his hands softly .

" And I know you are too "

I know he is hurting a lot , I know something must have terrible happened that made him so bitter . I know how it's feels when you lose your parents and world started giving you reality check but Alhumdulillah ( all praise belong to Allah ) I realised the love of Allah s.w.t and it save me from drowning in the misery of my past . Allah s.w.t gave me hope , love but everyone is not very lucky to realise that love and that's why it's become difficult for them to fight with problem in life .

You know the truth is no matter how good human being you are , you are going to face problems in life that's the test of Allah s.w.t, the almighty but with the help of Allah s.w.t you will win this fight no matter what because with Allah by your side , you will surely get victory in the end .

There was silence , he just stared at me in shock. I could see the tears welding up but before anything he could say a high pitched voice broke our moment .

" Hiii bestie " My eyes widened at Myra 's words .

Bestie ???

Excuse me !

Suddenly Ibrahim jerks his hand away glaring at my way with intense hatred .

" You are her friend " he pressed the word before running away .

I glanced at Myra who shrugged with a knowing smile before walking away .

Was it intentional ???

Author p.o.v

A car stops in front of an old age home , black window slides down as Khalid removes his google gazing at the board which is written SHELTERS FOR ELDERS .

The old-age home was situated in the outskirts of the city and was close to the national highway. It was a two-storey building with a garden out in the front and a small mosque just on its east boundary. The walls of the home were old and the paint had worn off. It looked like the house was without maintenance for years together. There was an elderly lady who was peeking through the window on the first floor when the gate opened .

Getting down , he gulped nervously .

Yes, Khalid Mirza is nervous and scared .

His heart was beating like a wild animal trying to escape his chest .

Pressing his lips , he tried his best not to show any emotion on his face .

Wearing his google back , he went inside to see so many older people living there .

It breaks his heart to realise someone very dear to him lives there as well .

" Yes sir , how may I help you? '' a man came . He must be in his mid 50s , he is wearing rimmed glass and his hair is almost turning white .

" You know why I am here , I came to meet her " even though he didn't intend to sound harsh but it somewhat did .

" Sorry sir , but she doesn't want to meet you " the man looked at him with sympathy.

" Please " Khalid was desperate to see her even for a second .

The man stared at Khalid for a few seconds before sighing I'm defeat .

" Find , come ."

He went over to an elderly lady who was sitting at the corner of the room, staring at the glass window .

Watching her Khalid eyes shimmer with tears as all the past guilt started eating him.

" Rizwana , he came to meet you again " the man said before disappearing to another room .

She didn't turn , Khalid knelt down in front of her with hope in his heart .

" Ammi...., Please look at me "

" Once '' he begged like a small child .