Hero Instinct

*sigh* just kill me already for my Wattpad crimes.

I sheathed my dagger as I kicked the crumbling leaves on the ground. My hood was up despite the burning beam of Apollo's sun chariot. He's probably laughing at me right now, his sunglasses berched on the scruffy locks of his golden hair, sipping a nectar smoothie. Ugh. I didn't like showing my face. I guess I'm becoming paranoid.  But I don't want demigods or gods start whispering, thinking that I can't hear them when, in fact, I hear them like I am looming over them. Nobody has noticed the long, jagged white line that runs across my right temple to the bottom of my collorbone. Nor the blood red brand on the back of my neck, stating an 'K' in cursive writing. Chaos helped me layer my scars with thick magic that not even Athena can break through the barriers.

I sighed and breathed in the fresh, earthly air,  the ancient trees towering over me. The vines and emerald green leaves created a canopy over me, sunlight freckling through gaps, as I heard distant lullabies of birds singing.

I smiled to myself but froze.

A wail resonated through the Forest, instantly breaking the peaceful atmosphere.

Trying to locate where the noise was coming from, I jumped into a frantic sprint. I let the branches scrape my face but I had to get to where the screech sounded. I guess I still had the Hero instinct despite all these years. Still preserved; still throbbing with life.

It seemed like I was running for hours. The ticks and tocks echoing frustratedly in my mind.

Finally, when the gut wrenching scream was at its loudest peak, I skidded to a stol, the heels of my boots dug into the dirt.

There was a girl.

She looked about seven. Caramel hair cascaded down her shoulder, hazel eyes glowed with an unatural fear. She looked... familier.

There, looming over the girl,  snarling and claws high for the kill, was a hellhound.

Without thinking, I unsheathed my sword (not Riptide; instead named Ghoul) and yelled:

"Hey! Ya stupid mutt! Get away from her and pick on someone your own size!"

I charged into battle.

The Hellhound roared blindly as it swivelled it's head towards my lunging figure. Growling, I brandished my gleaming,silver sword and swung a mighty swung. The blade lodged into the side of the Hellhounds chest with a sickening squelch. It screamed and knocked my sword away and gave a smug smirk (if monsters could smirk). I bared my teeth and pounced on the Hellhound,  effectively knocking it to the ground.

"Hide!" I yelled at the girl. She nodded, tears streaming, and in the corner of my eye, saw her scurry behind an oak tree.

I punched the Hellhound, digging my nails into its skin; it howled with agony and slashed it's claws at me but I dodged. Growing impatient, I back flipped, summoned Reaper and threw it directly at the creatures heart.

All that was left was a black, gloopy substance.

"You can come out now, sweetie, " I told the girl. It felt odd talking to someone with a term of endearment.  The only terms of endearment I use are: 'bro', 'dude', 'slut' and 'bitch'.

Oh well. There's a first time for everything. 

She trembled as she hesitantly walked towards me with wobbly knees.  Now that I look at her, I notice freckles adorably splashed across her nose.

What?! Adorable?! GAH!

I knelt down in front of her, gazing into her orbs of beautiful hazel. The girl had a cute button nose, thin but pink lips that were stained with salty tears. Despite me not knowing about not knowing her at all or her being seven,  I felt a foreign feeling of protectiveness over her.

"H-H-H-Hi" The girl stuttered as she hugged herself with her frail arms.

"Hey" I say, inching closer. The girl's knees buckled and she collapsed onto the dead leaves, sobbing heart - wrenching sobs.

"C'mere" I wrapped my muscled arms around her and brought her closer to me. She buried her head in my cloak. Her small frame shook.

"It's okay" I whispered,  rubbing her back, "You're safe"

She looked up at me, "H-How ca-n I-I-I trust s-someone who d-d-doesn't show his f-face?"

I sighed and pulled the hood of my cloak. My long, inky black ponytail tumbled down my shoulders. Resisting the urge to hiss because of the burning light, I smiled a small grin- which the girl thankfully returned.

"What's your name?" The girl asked, her arms were still around my waist.

"Regan" (Ree-gun) Regan giggled and buried her face in the crook of my neck.

I sighed contently. I missed children- I missed company itself!

As if the World was lit blue, an idea suddenly blared in my mind. I grinned at my intelligence and awesomeness in general.

I stood, but Regan climbed my arms and was soon perched on my shoulders.

"Careful of my bow and arrow!"

"Yeah, yeah. Where are we going, Percy? " Regan asked innocently, her hands were braiding my ponytail- but I didn't mind.

"We, Regan,are going to the Hunt"

If one of you guys appears in my bedroom at midnight, with a knife and a gun- I'll know it's cause I didn't update.

Peace!