Chapter 40... Honesty

I smile, watching the sunset. It's been a couple of weeks since I woke up. We had a get together, and since then everyone has been carving names of the lost into a stone pillar.

Teresa squeezes my hand gently, causing me to look at her. Her eyes almost glow in the sunlight.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" I hum. A light blush fades onto her face.

"You are too." She responds.

We walk in silence after that for a few minutes.

"You know uhm... there was this thing you said, before you went unconscious in the medical room... something you had remembered?" She asks, glancing at me.

My heart drops for a second, "Right.." I sigh, "Uhm.." I lead us away from the water, to a rock, resting against it. She sits down beside me.

"You said you deserved dying, that you remembered something?" She questions.

"Yeah, no I remember.. I.." I gulp, not sure how to go on.

"I did- I do deserve to die.. and before you say I can't, let me- let me tell you a story..."

..
STORYTIME
..

A young girl walks down a long hallway. An empty one it seems.

But she knows it's not.

Down the hallway, she spots a boy, Charlie. Her nemesis. This boy, she hated with everything. He teased her. One time he accidentally spilled a plate of burning hot food on her in front of her crush, a much younger Teresa.

Her cargo pants ride up her leg a little, and beneath, almost carved into her clean skin, are black streaks. Black infectious veins running through her leg, pulsing a rage no one else had ever felt. Not like her.

The girl, labeled property of wicked on every article of clothing, including her own neck, stomps towards this bow, fuming.

And in her hand, a gun. He yells as she aims, pulling the trigger. He drops dead, as guards run in and seize her.

..
STORYTIME OVER
..

Teresa looks down, not knowing what to say.

"It was.. that girl, it was me. I killed him in a fit of... of rage. Over something so, blatantly stupid!" I exclaim.

She shakes her head, and before I can say anything else, she kisses me.

"No, Y/n, I remember it a little different... you were always infected..." She whispers after pulling away.

I stop, tilting my head a little, "What?" I ask.

"Yeah... they gave you temporary cures but, nothing ever worked. You were bit while in the facility, day one, by one that escaped. You couldn't control your anger. And you didn't kill him... a guard did to prevent him from suffering..." she whispers again.

I shake my head, "It's still my fault..."

She locks our lips again, distracting me from my thoughts of the past.

//Warning, things are gonna get heated, so slight smut- but not completely?//

She gently pushes me down on the rock, still kissing me. She pulls away, trailing her kisses down my jawline and to my neck.

A quiet gasp escapes my lips, as she straddles my waist.

I go to move my arms to hers, but she grabs them, pinning them to the rock by my head. A blush reaches my face.

She smirks against my neck, sucking and nibbling at my delicate skin, "Let me hear you.."

A moan slips, a quiet one. She gently grinds against me, causing another.

She then trails her lips back up my neck, to my lips. I smile as we kiss.

She pulls away, and begins pulling my shirt off.

From here, things get a little frisky, if you know what I mean.

...

...

... okay warning over you're good

...

...

I grin as I pull my shirt back over my head. Teresa smiles back at me, fixing her own shirt and hair.

"That was... fun." I laugh lightly, and she nods.

"We'll definitely have to do that again sometime." She winks, and a blush rises to my face.

"You know, I never uhm... I never got to say it back." She mutters.

I tilt my head, "Say what?"

"Y/n, I... I love you."

I smirk, "Well it'd be a little awkward if you didn't, given what just happened."

She smacked my shoulder jokingly, and we both burst out into laughter.

And from there, things are great! We watch the stars for the rest of the night, laughing, smiling and sharing anything we could think of.

...

Third person POV

This story isn't over just yet!

As these teenagers, and few adults, rebuild society together on an island, so much happens!

Newt and Thomas's relationship only gets stronger, and they are voted to lead their new society together, with Minho coming in second.

Gally leads a hunting group, who also guard their new civilians from anything or anyone harmful.

After some time, everyone has come to forgive Teresa for her past alliance with Wicked.

Over their first year, the Gladers experience their first snowy winter together. And some even their first children!

After years past, some of the survivors passed due to unfortunate circumstances. They had children, and Y/n and Teresa took them in as their own. Newt and Thomas help out from time to time.

From here, the Gladers, the teenagers from many glades of their own, live together peacefully for the first time in their complicated lives.

Wicked was thought to be good, but certainly not forever.

The
End.