Chapter 8

Thor inwardly groaned when he saw his brother enter the building with you. He immediately recognized you as one of his receptionists. He frowned but when he saw Loki kiss your cheek and whisper something in your ear with a sincere smile on his face, Thor shook his head. It was because of you that his brother was so happy. And honestly, Thor didn't want to change that.

"Is that the girlfriend you were talking about?" Jane's voice broke Thor out of his thoughts.

"Apparently. She's cute."

Jane scoffs and swats his arm but has a smile on her face. "I wonder how they met."

Thor shrugs. "No idea."

You and Loki make your way over to them.

"Hello brother. Hello Jane." Loki greeted them, his arm wrapped around your waist.

You say your greetings to them slightly thankful that Thor pretended to not know you. The lights dimmed a little and everyone turned to the front of the room as Tony Stark made his entrance. As he begins to speak a waiter walks by carrying a tray with glasses of champagne. Loki grabs two glasses and hands one of them two before whispering in your ear.

"Be careful with that. I don't want you passing out before I get to have fun." He winks at you and you take a sip to hide your blush.

You look around before your eyes land on a tall guy with short blond hair. He was staring straight at you and it was a creeping you out. Something about him just gave you a bad vibe so you turn back to watch Tony as he wraps up his speech and the people around you clap. The lights brighten and the party officially starts. You chat more with Thor and Jane before Loki pulls you aside. He leads you out through some doors in the back. There was a fairly decent sized pool with lights strung up around and even above the pool. There were people already out around the pool talking.

"Ooooh pretty!" You say a smile on your face.

"Yes you are." Loki turns you to face him, putting his hands on your waist he starts to sway his hips slowly despite the party music blaring in the background.

"Is this why you brought me out here? To dance with me?" A sly smile on your face.

Loki rests his forehead against yours. "Maybe. And I wanted to avoid Tony. He and I don't exactly get along."

You hold in a chuckle. You weren't all that surprised. You and Loki continue to dance for a while longer before heading back into the building. Thor and Jane are sitting at a table and the two of you join them. A passing waiter puts down another glass of champagne in front of you. You glance at Loki and he nods. Maybe one day when you're just home with him you'll get passed out drunk but you didn't want to at something like a party.

After a bit you excuse yourself to go to the bathroom. You hadn't seen the creepy guy since coming back in from outside and you were glad for that. You finish up in the bathroom and open the door to see creepy guy standing right there making you jump a little.

"Um, this is the girl's bathroom." You say stupidly.

Creepy guy smiles. He was blocking your way out. "I know." He pushes his way in making you back up.

You narrow your eyes at him, hoping it would help you feel brave. "Who are you?"

Creepy guy has the nerve to look insulted that you don't know who he is. "I'm Aldrich Killian and I'm here to make you an offer."

Creepy guy, you weren't going to call him anything else, was starting to piss you off. "Not interested." You try to step away from him but he grabs your arm. You glance down at your arm before glaring up at him. "Let go of me."