Chapter 2

It had been a week since you had started working under Loki Laufeyson and you couldn't wait for your first paycheck. You only had two black skirts so washing them every other day was getting old real fast. You were also getting the hang of your job pretty quickly too. You hadn't been in any meetings yet though and wouldn't be for a while. You rarely saw Loki except for in the mornings and the times that he stepped out to attend a meeting. You had to admit, he was absolutely gorgeous. He was the very definition of tall, dark, and handsome.

But the other receptionists all felt the same way. Nancy and another lady, Georgette, were both married but they said that they found him "delicious" was their word. Only you and the other girl, Susan, were single. All of them were nice and very helpful if you had any questions. You were really liking working there.

Then one day on your second week working there, you had gotten up to stretch your legs for a minute when Nancy motioned you to her. "You need to come with me into Mr. Laufeyson's office. This is another thing you need to learn."

You followed her into the big office. The floor and walls were of dark wood with one wall being nothing but windows. Bookshelves lined the back wall with a cabinet with various drinking glasses along the side wall. There were dark green couches by the bookshelves with a coffee table. Loki himself sat behind a dark ornate desk. Typing away on his keyboard. Along the wall behind him were various pictures and a glass case of different things. One of the things in the case were a pair of daggers.

Loki flicked his eyes up as you and Nancy entered his office. You follow her and sit down on some chairs in front of his desk. Nancy handed you a large notepad and pen. You realize that you were going to have to take notes. Nancy had her own notepad and pen so you felt a little better in case you missed something. After a few minutes Loki stood up and began talking.

You wrote down everything as best you could though your were having a hard time concentrating. His voice was hypnotic and at one point he passed in front of you and you could smell his cologne. It was intoxicating.

"You, new girl! Read back what I just said." He ordered.

You stammer but are able to read back what he had just said. When you were finished you looked up at him. His green eyes were on you and you could feel your heart skip a beat. His face was bored but his eyes showed a hint of amusement? You weren't sure as he looked away from you before you could confirm. He went back to talking and when he was done you got up along with Nancy and exited his office.

"He likes you." Nancy said.

"What?" You ask.

"He called on you. That means he likes you." She lowered her voice to a whisper. "He never called on Susan when I took her in." She then told you to type what you had written and then print it out and give it to her.

After that once a week, you went in with Nancy to takes notes and every time he called on you at various points to repeat what he had just said. And even though you couldn't confirm it you were sure that while you were writing he had his eyes on you but every time you looked up he was looking at something else. And each time he called your name you had to repress a shiver. Everything was going great until a month after you had started working.

It was just not your day. The power had gone out in your apartment building causing you to miss your alarm. Your phone had been plugged in but had ended up dying. You normally woke up at 6am. This time you woke up at 7:30. You had jumped out of bed and had rushed to get ready.

Shit shit shit You screamed at yourself. You ended up being 30 minutes late to work.

"What happened? I told you you had to be on time!" Nancy hissed.