chapter forty-six

Start from the beginning

"Listen when I tell you this–" He got in his face while he laid on the ground, holding his side, "Don't even look in that girl direction, you heard me? Stay the fuck away from her and tell all yo' lil friends the same. I'on ever want you even thinking 'bout her. If I hear you doin' anything different I'm gon' beat yo' ass again," He sneered and let his shirt go, letting him slump on the floor.

He simply walked out of the gym, not feeling like sticking around for practice, or a lecture from his coach about fighting.

"We have to do something bruh

"We have to do something bruh. Lo is a mess and she isn't getting better anytime soon," Nala complained to the group. They were all at the boy's house, sitting in the living room and talking. Lourdes was stuck in her room–as usual, and Rashir was visiting his mother for the next couple of days since his father was out of town.

"Dawg...Rashir's lost his fucking mind. I'on know what the hell he did to that nigga Diallo, but they talkin' bout him being out on injury for the rest of the season cause he beat him so bad. Nigga can't even walk properly, he's on crutches," Nico shook his head, "Remind me to never piss him off," He said under his breath and they all agreed silently. Seeing Rashir angry was never a pretty sight.

"We gotta force them to talk or some shit, they not making any progress if they ain't talking," Mateo said and they nodded.

"But how? Lo isn't even coming out of her room at all after the last stunt we pulled," Gianna told them while kicking her feet on Aaliyah's lap, "She'd definitely not gonna agree to anything like that,"

"Why don't we tell her we're having a girl's night at your house, Gianna? You guys can get Rashir to come too and then lock them in a room together until they start talking," Aaliyah took a break from playing with Mateo's hair to suggest and look over at her.

"You really think she'll agree to even come to her house? She doesn't even come out to shower, I think she's attached to her bed," Nala pointed out.

"Let's just kidnap her," Nico shrugged and they looked at him like he was insane, "What?"

"How would we do that..."

"I'on know, y'all can force her to get up and shower and put on a decent outfit, then when she'd dressed, we'll pick her up and carry her down to my truck, throw her in the back of the truck and–"

"No!" They all yelled at him collectively.

"Nico you're so dumb," Nala shook her head at her boyfriend and they all laughed.

"Aight, what's yall's idea then?" He looked around and when no one said anything he sucked his teeth, "Exactly,"

"Listen, we'll force her to shower and stuff and somehow get her at Gianna's, but y'all are responsible for getting Rashir to Gianna's house," Aaliyah pointed in between the boys.