Chapter 3 New spells

Start from the beginning

"Alright, enough of that. I found a spell you might enjoy."

They helped me over to the bookshelf, after I told them that I'm fine and that I can walk the few steps to the shelf myself, and they pick back up the book they were reading from the floor.

'Did they drop the book?'

They flip through a few pages, reading which spell they were on before stopping and showing me the spell.

"I would like to teach you Lanuae."

"Teleportation? Why this one? Isn't this a really hard spell?"

"Yes. Because I believe you'd use it a lot. Don't doubt yourself, you're strong. Strong enough to master this spell for sure."

"If you say so. How do you do it?"

After about ten minutes of explaining, I started preparing to try.

"Remember, calm down and concentrate. Don't work too hard to make it work and don't lose focus."

They walk a few feet forward. We had decided to try and have me teleport a few feet, start off slow. I got into position, take a shaky breath.

"Alright, let's do this."

'Lanuae'

I got surrounded by a blue light and I could feel myself magically moving...

...and that's when I felt myself falling.

"Gah!"

Bell caught me not a second after, bridal style, worrying over if I was alright.

"I'm fine, you caught me before anything happened."

"That's good"

"...Since when did your eyes look like a firestorm?"

"Honestly, I worry about your priority of topic sometimes."

They set me down, thinking about something. I walked back a step and looked at where I was, seeing I teleported a few feet.

'This will probably be a terrible idea. Here I go.'

Bellroc POV

I set down Douxie, and started to try and figure out what went wrong.

'What had happened for him to go up ten feet higher than he tried to go for?'

Douxie's been standing in front of me since I put him down, I know that for sure. However, when I went to look at him, he disappeared in a blue light.

"Douxie?!"

Looking around and running out of the room, I search for signs of him.

'Of course he would be stupid enough to try again without me paying attention.'

I couldn't find him around the house/cave, so I started checking outside. Fortunately for me, I found him, unfortunately for him, he was dangling upside down in a tree, struggling to get loose. He sees me and a mix of panic, regret, guilt, and pity flashes on his face.

"Heyyy Bell~"

He struggles to get out again, and I get closer to him, I'm honestly just disappointed.

"Let's be honest, this isn't going to be the worst condition you'll see me in."

'Ugh. That's sadly true.'

I used my magic to untangle him, slowly bring him down, and started walking to the before visited clearing.

"Bell, please don't give me the silent treatment, and please don't avoid talking about it. I'm sorry. Please talk to me."