Till Your Deathbed (Seokhoon)

I was simply laying on my bed that night. It was one of those nights where I was too exhausted from digging into that bastard's dirty secrets. All of the files related to his work were sprawled over beside me. Still untouched without a thought to even check it.

Massaging my temple for a moment as I sighed, I lazily reached over one of the file. With one elbow to support my body, I sat up and leaned back to the bedhead. As I opened the file, one photo slipped out. A photo that I printed yesterday and was left carelessly.

Her portrait. The one and only I had from random article I stumbled upon to when she won the honorary prize at Cheong A Arts Center.

Lifting it to my eye level, a smile rose up to my lips. It had been a long time since I saw her smile. Her domineering presence on the stage and her soothing voice as she sang a song. During the time like this, I couldn't help but replaying the days I went through with her in it.

Was it summer the first time we met?

"My name is Bae Rona, not waiting list."

The striking glow of the sunlight which showered us with its blazing heat. The sweats that was felt from the day to the night we fell into the cool wind. Painted by your radiant smile that I couldn't let myself fall asleep.

"... But I won't die like she did. I'll make the world finds out what you did to me and have you all punished!"

Was it another seasons of falling?

"If you lie down under the sun like that, you will get a burn."

The crisp feelings as we walked on the bed of red-colored leaves. The tiny branches that were nested on our heads as it stood for our empire of dreams. And the sunset gleam in your eyes as you pulled me deep into the lake of eternal tears.

"Didn't you hear me? Quit putting on a show."

Or was it a more colder weather?

"I wanted to know how you were doing. Both in the US and when I got back."

The pure white of daylight that couldn't shed me from the darkest blue of my heart. The drunken colorless night where I stood by your empty hollow. To the day I had enough of my fainthearted only to find out your travel was halt in another land of lost anchorage.

"Seokhoon-ah."

But truly, it didn't really matter for me. Because that moment of spring knocked on our last youthful love, I was blooming with full joy. I was happy, content, and by far, greedy.

If that man in Emma said, if he loved less he might be able to talk about it more, then he was incredibly wrong. A single word in the world couldn't describe and define enough how helplessly in love I was to her. How that three words eight letters would never be my fountain of devotion.

Even if there is, are, words and sentences that only exist for her, I still needed more than a thousand years to write all the magical romance I felt for her.

Because, she was like cherry blossom petals; fluttering beautifully that my heart ached at the thought of her breaking.

She was like summer breezes; lighting me up more than plain flashlights, grand fireworks, and majestic chandeliers.

She was like mystical cloak; calming and warming the dark side of the broken pieces left in my shattered mind.

She was like pitter-patter on the ice; coming as the sudden storm, thunder, and blizzard which fully daunted me more than just a nightmare.

And I was no one until four seasons of her centered in the last whole life I have. I was only loitering at the end of nowhere street and getting ready to be taken to custody by an angel she is. The hopeless one.

So when my mother asked me to pick her up that night, I was nervous. Afraid to realize that I broke another swore I utter. Never really did a good thing than adding and growing pains. I was beyond the guilt itself.

Yet, the moment she disclosed the secret garden I always dreamed on, I was completely petrified.

Rona. Bae Rona.

If only I could taste the way her name poured out as I called her. Hold, touch, and kiss her here and then. Absorbing her fully rather than just standing on her doorstep and stealing glances to her whole body. If only I had another chances, the fourth one, I wouldn't be in so much agony to see her again in this imaginary but evident reality.

I wouldn't have to shift my eyes from her. Looking away to the another distance than our fine line.

"What are you doing here?"

Wouldn't have to numb my hands to stop reaching the way she is.

"I need to take you somewhere. Do you have time?"

To hide my miserable heartbeats and occasional longing I buried far in the wellness of picturesque past. I'd have give in to that starry doe-eyed, long silk hair, and strawberry lips wrapped in small frame.

But in the end, I still hid under the feigning mask and she still forgave me. Excusing the foolish me who trapped her in my little pesky life because I was the one who let my cursed blood fell upon her. I was the one.

Despite it all, there was nothing I could do than sit under the moonlight. Filling myself with her wails and cries all night. It would be my punishment for trying to feel and seek her love. To be happy, content, and greedy by devouring a great amount of her bliss. To believe that my ending would still be her, even after we laid on the different skyline.

Thus, I would stop my wistful desire and wait for her in another lifetime.

Until the deathbed of ours.