Chapter 27-part 3

-Warning- 

Blood 

Voices 

Violence  

Abuse 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wilbur! Get back here!" Techno shouted as he darted down the cobble street.

"You gotta catch me first slowpoke!" Wilbur yelled back.

"Phil said we have to stay together!"

"Do you want to hold my hand then?" Wilbur shot a grin and Techno chuckled at the burnett's remark.

They laughed as an old library came into view. The building sat in the center of the town next to the great hall, beside the busy markets and closer to a quiet neighborhood. The boys stood in awe at the historical sight, their mouths gaped open. The corners of their lips lifted and they walked up the stairs to go through the large wooden door. The walls were decorated with books as ornaments. Techno could only dream of the knowledge kept behind those doors of ink and pen. The library was big enough to hold every book in existence.

"You're doing that thing where you look like a nerd." Wilbur teased as they walked down the halls of books.

"Shut up." Techno chuckled, playfully hitting Wilbur in his side and pretending to be annoyed; its harder to be mad when its true.

"So what kind of book are we looking for?"

"I was thinking a book on war might be interesting."

"Nerd or psychopath..." Wilbur's voice trailed off.

"You're one to talk."

The boys wandered the building until a title caught their interest. Books that drew their attention forward a few sentences in. A chance to steal them from the world outside, to a world full of magic. The book closed this world from them and the only way in was to turn the page.

Techno's fingers caressed the book's spine as he searched for a new world within the pages. History of past battles always interested him, it could have been because of his father. He had always told those kinds of stories when he was growing up. His mother always hated how that was her son's bedtime stories but his father saw nothing wrong with it. Techno was taught how to fight when he was young, whether it was by hand or sword. A book with war was something that had always seemed more exciting or intriguing. Techno plucked a book from its shelf and went to find a comfortable place to sit and read. Wilbur sat next to him, holding a book of famous musicians.

"Nerd." Techno whispered under his breath before returning to his book.

They hadn't realized how late it had gotten until the librarian lit the candles around the room. They sighed, tired in the warm and dimly lit building, and were returning their books back on the shelf.

The librarian slowed to a stop beside them, the candles illuminated her gently aged features as the corners of her mouth wrinkled into a smile.

"You boys can take your books home if you'd like, people hardly come here anyways."

"But they're your books, how could we take them? Aren't you worried we'll ruin them?" Wilbur looked down at his books.

"Not at all, I can tell you boys will treat these books with care." The woman smiled. "It's late, you boys should start heading home before it gets too dark." The lady's eyes held in the embers, they were gentle and wise and looked as if they held the contents of every book.

They said goodbye to the nice lady and began their journey home in the gray evening, strolling down the cement rivers where lanterns lit the path. They talked while they came to the edge of the town. A wooden cabin came into view, a light string of smoke escaping the chimney.

Duckling (Dream smp Au)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara