"Exactly," Ciel sighed. "Which poses a problem."

"Yes, my Lord, it does, and I fear we are running short on time. Let us find ourselves some traders." Sebastian, Ciel, Y/N and Soma all turned to look at Lau, who was oblivious as always.

"Lau, my favorite dealer of all things legal, illegal and otherwise." Y/N said as she stood up and walked over to him. The woman put a hand on his shoulder as she bent down to his level. "You are about to do us a huge favor."

It only had taken Lau two days to get his hands on the spices that Soma had listed off to him. All of them had even been high quality and plentiful... And probably illegally acquired... But that's beside the point and irrelevant to the plot. "Amazing!" Soma gasped as he held some of the spices in his hands. "I've seen all of these back home in my country!" Sebastian, Finny, Bard and Y/N hauled bags of spices around the Prince as he inspected them. Finny had five spice bags, Sebastian had two and both Bard and Y/N carried one. Bard was struggling to hold his one bag of tightly packed powder while Y/N lifted her bag with relative ease. She had played it smart and picked a bag that was filled with dried out, hollow beans while Bard tried to impress her by lifting a heavy bag filled with sand-like spice that was heavier than he intended.

"Wooow!! So this stuff aaaaall goes into curry?" Finny asked as he passed by some open barrels of spices.

"Each one has such a beguiling perfume." Sebastian noted as he picked up a handful of dried leaves and smelled them. Y/N set her bag of beans down and leaned over to Sebastian who held out his hand. The leaves had a pleasant aroma and Y/N couldn't wait to know what they tasted like. "These spices are indeed the finest money can buy."

"Then why do I get the feeling Lau didn't pay for any of these with money?" Y/N whispered to her demon friend. Sebastian just smirked as he placed the leaves back in the barrel.

"Oh, the trouble I had to go through to get these!" Lau commented as if to confirm Y/N's suspicion of his shady methods. "To have me collect this all in the span of a day... What a slave-driver you are, Lord Earl. Spices are outside our area of expertise, you know."

"Yeah, now that I think of it, I've never heard of a spice you can snort or smoke." Y/N muttered, it seemed Ciel heard her this time and he snickered.

"I suppose even you have your uses in times like these." The young Earl said as the servants picked up more spice bags.

"Well, having the Funtom Corporation and the Lady both owe me one is hardly a bad thing," Lau assured them.

"Mmm, don't hold your breath. Ciel might be rich but I'm not even a legal citizen here. I don't have so much as a piece of dirt to my name." Y/N said as she plopped down another bag. Finny passed by her carrying three bags over his head with a bright smile on his face.

"Well, you could always repay me in another sort of way." Lau raised his eyebrows and smirked at Y/N.

"I would literally rather die, thanks." Y/N pointed finger guns at the dealer. "I don't do men who own Opium dens, run gangs, partake in related illegal activities and other things of the sort. Just not my type."

"Oh? Then just what is your type? Seeing as that eliminates almost everyone here." Lau asked out of curiosity.

"Women."

"..."

"And the occasional white haired man."

"..."

"I can actually respect that," Lau said. Despite the fact that lesbians, bisexuals, pansexuals and other women loving women were not generally well received in the late 1800s, Lau was taking it well. Y/N actually felt some respect forming towards him.