Chapter 30 - Questioning of Feelings

Mia's POV

"Y-you're kidding right?" I asked, an uneasy smile starting to cease on my face.

"Sadly, no. I'm serious." he replied in a low tone.

"How is that possible? Seriously, a twin? Why haven't I even seen your twin since we were kids? What's his name if that were true?"

"His name is Killian." he started. "He got into a terrible car accident that we have sent him somewhere to be treated. He was in therapy. He needed to feel his legs again."

I gasped. "When did the accident happen?"

"When we were already in fourth grade. It happened on a weekend." I explained. "See, he was a curious kid back then, trying to figure out how things work. He tried to drive our family car, and for some amusing moment, he was able to drive the car at a young age simply by just watching how my dad does it. He really was a smart kid."

"Wow." I breathed.

"I know." he agreed. "Anyway, as much as I am amused by his natural driving skills, it comes to an end. Of course, my parents panicked so they followed him using our other car, trying to talk him out to stop. Apparently, the breaks aren't working well. And worse, out of panic, he had stepped on the gas pedal. On top speed, he zoomed his way out of the street, then he collided to a bus."

"Oh God."

"Thank God no one got injured. The bus got a few scratches and dents, but the worse happened to my brother. Blood, that's all I saw. I clearly remember it like it just happened yesterday." he said, in a tone full of terror. "I was with my parents. I accompanied them. There's a whole lot of screaming at the car. At that moment I felt so helpless."

"Shhhh things are fine now... I'm sorry to hear that Patrick." I replied, comforting him.

"All I know is that they told me before that he has to go in that well-known institute somewhere. My parents told me that they can cure my brother. He will be able to feel his legs again and will be back to normal."

"How is he now?" I asked.

"He is completely fine now. He is back to normal. He decided to just study there and visit us whenever he can, like during holidays or school breaks."

"Well that's good to know." I commented, heaving out a sigh of relief. "But why is it that I haven't been able to see him?"

"We are the ones who go to his place. He's not traumatized at this place if that's what you're thinking. He just wanted a fresh start, somewhere far from here. He felt that he had been a dangerous individual once."

"But that was an accident! How can he think of it that way!" I exclaimed, completely disagreeing to how this Killian thinks.

"It was because he was so close to killing someone, and that got him scared. He thinks that him having the worst injury among all the involved was the right thing to happen, to atone with what he did."

"So you were not the guy who saved me..." I mumbled, almost inaudible.

"Unfortunately, I'm not the one who saved you." he replied in a very sad tone as he looked down. "Everthing suddenly clicked the moment you finished re-telling your story. I think I have an inkling that it was you that he was talking about back then."

"What did you remember?"

"My brother went to my room that time, most likely after he saved you. He babbling about some girl, which I now know is you. He went on and on about him saving a girl from a bunch of bullies and that made him feel like a hero. I think he even went as far as a knight in shining armor." he reminisced, a small smile on his face. "Anyway, I was so busy playing video games all day at that time that I just simply told him, 'Good for you. Now go be a prince to your princess.' as I regain my focus on what I had been playing."

"Oh." was all I can say. "Can I see him?" I blurted out.

"You wanted to?" he asked. "It's okay, I guess."

"Thank you!" I replied, excitedly.

"Mia?" he called. "Do you still like me?"

I bit my lip. Right now, I'm totally confused about how things turned out to be. "I do..." I trailed. "But honestly, I'm quite unsure of my feelings for you right now..." Oh no, I said it. I quickly looked at his eyes to see him in an expression that I've never seen before - a depressed look. "Listen, I-" I said quickly, about to try to make him feel better but then he cut me off.

"No, I understand." he replied, void of any emotion. "We can see him right now if you want. It's just an hour drive from here."

"Really? Sure, let's visit him today." I replied, almost as a whisper. I felt embarrassed and disappointed to myself. I should've not said that to Patrick. He is my boyfriend now, he doesn't deserve to be hurt like this just because of that one memory I dearly hold on to, thinking all along that it was him when he isn't.

"But Mia?"

"Hmm?"

"I want you to know that whatever happens, I love you. And I still do, until now." he stated in a determined tone as he put up a brave face.

Now that makes me feel more confused than ever. Decisions, decisions Mia! What is the right thing to do? To whom my heart truly beats for? Is it to the guy I once liked because he had saved me, and had inspired me to become a better person? Or to the guy whom I'm always with most of the time, and that my feelings towards him got developed overtime?

I have to settle this feelings of mine once and for all.

---

Author's Note:

Who do you think Mia will choose? :>

Yay, it's the 30th chapter! The story is getting closer and closer to the end.

I hope you are all enjoying my story as much as I enjoy writing it. I know, there are a lot of things that I have to improve on, and so I appreciate that you are all still here for me as I'm about to nearly finish my first story ever, here on Wattpad. :")

I'll be updating this story next week so stay tuned!

Vote and comment! :D

Enjoy your day lovely readers!!!

~kirimisashimi♥