Chapter 31

Ashley

I paced round the room one last time before I gave up and went to sit with Arielle.

"Are you okay?" She asked watching me closely.

I only nodded, I knew my voice would fail me if I tried to speak. Right now I just wanted to cry and ramble on about how miserable my life was.

I really needed to know why so many bad things were going on right now.

We've been stuck in this room for a while and I don't even know how many days have passed since we were brought here. It feels like months but I know it has only been a couple of days.

I realise how much I've lost control of my life, my mind ponders on my Aunt; I haven't thought about her in a while.

Did she even care?, was she even searching for us?

And then my brother, oh, Alex, I've been trying so hard not to think about him but I can't. I feel like I failed my parents because I couldn't protect him. I don't even know if Sir Antonio is still going keep him in that school or throw him out on the streets since I no longer work for them.

No matter what, I just pray he's safe and he does not forget that I love him.

"Don't cry, it's going to be fine." Arielle said with a sad look on her face.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I didn't even realize I was crying." I said with a fake smile and quickly wiped my tears.

"Its okay, Uncle Andre will come back for us." She replied

Of course but it's just you,

"Listen Arielle, when you get home, I want you to do something for me." I said,

"Aren't you going with me?" She asked,

"Uh... not yet." I replied, " I'll come but you'll go first."

"Why?" She asked, "can't we just go together when uncle Andre comes."

"No Arielle, it's not possible, just listen to me."

She looked like she was about to cry but nodded anyways.

" This is very important Arielle, you must not forget it." I stated and she nodded again, "When you get home, I want to tell your Uncle Antonio something."

"What?" She asked curiously,

" I want you to tell him that your Uncle Andre is bad, tell him that he works for the bad man." I said, I knew this was going to be confusing for her but I hoped she got message.

She stared at me dumbfounded and I understood that she was conflicted,

"Arielle, I know it's confusing but you must do as I say." I knew I could have just let Arielle go without trying to help her family but I knew it was the right thing to do. I knew Andre was a spy among them so I had to warn them, my conscience will forever judge me if I didn't try.

"Okay" she mumbled, I smiled and she smiled back,

"Also Arielle, make sure you only say it when uncle Andre is not around, okay?"

"Yes Ashley." She replied,

Another thought popped into my mind and I was wondering if I should tell her but I was scared of overwhelming her. I decided to do it anyway because it was worth a shot.