21

Emma groaned as she woke in bed. Her due date was getting closer and she didn't know how she felt about it. She was worried that something was going to go wrong.

She looked up as Sami walked in. He handed her a cup of hot chocolate. Emma grinned. "You're an absolute babe."

"I know. You feeling okay? Bub will be here soon," Sami said as he kissed her.

Emma nodded. "Yeah. I'm feeling good. I just... I'm scared if something goes wrong during labour."

Sami smiled and took her hand. He kissed her. "It'll be okay. Nothing will go wrong. Bub will be here soon enough and then we can start our family. And I'm looking at some flats in the village so we can be close to families."

Emma nodded. She watched as he grabbed his jacket and kissed her before leaving for work.

***
Emma went to the coffee shop to see Charley. She saw her sitting on the sofa. "Hey you. What's up?" She asked.

Charley sighed. "I think I'm pregnant. And Warren has only gone and done a deal with the devil. My father."

Emma grinned widely. "You can join my pregnant squad. Well technically my pregnancy is almost over. But our babies will be in the same class at school."

Charley laughed slightly. "I haven't taken a test. So I don't know know if I am pregnant or not. And I don't know how I feel about it."

"Have you and Warren talked about a baby?" She asked.

"Not at all. I know it's my fault for not making sure we've had protection. But you just don't think that that moment in time. You just think of the dick," she told her.

Emma laughed and nodded. "That's true. But I think you'll make an amazing mum. I know you will."

"You really think?"

Emma nodded. "I know you will. I know it's hard. But you will be."

Charley smiled and hugged her. "Thank you. For being my friend. I appreciate it more than you'll know," she said.

***
Emma and Charley went to see Sami. He was sitting in his office. Emma smiled. "Hey hotshot lawyer."

"Hey. You girls okay?"

Emma nodded as she kissed him. She sighed. "My head is pounding. I think your baby is making me ill. And I don't want to deal with it," she told him.

Sami laughed. "Won't be long now babe. Then she'll be here and kicking about. And not bullying your bladder."

***
Emma was sitting in the house with her mum. She sighed. "I have all these worries that something is going to go wrong with the birth. And it's scaring me. I haven't told Sami about it. Because he will think I'm being stupid. And I don't want that."

Sandy smiled and took her hand. "It's only natural to have these worries darling. I've had six of you. And trust me. That's not as easy as you think it would be."

Emma smiled slightly. But she couldn't shake the worries she had. She knew she had to open up to Sami. But she didn't want him to look at her differently.

But with Emma feeling how she was, could she open up to Sami or would she keep it all bottled in?