"They're your 'saving grace'" I quote.

"Exactly!" He kisses my cheek. "I'm going for a run, be back soon."

"Okay, breakfast will be ready when you get back." I tell him and the door shuts soon after.

A little bit later I hear a knock on the door. I stop what I'm doing and go to see who it was, though I was pretty sure it was James as he has forgotten his keys countless times before. I open the door with a smile, but my face twisted in confusion when I saw who it was.

"Jason? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be protecting Gotham?" I shoot questions at him.

"Uh, can I come inside?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah of course." I escort him inside. "What's wrong? I haven't seen you in 7 years." I state.

"I needed out of Gotham. Dick was right, being Robbin sucks shit." Jason told me, a sullen look on his face.

"Wow, I never expected you, the great almighty Jason Todd, to ever say Dick was right." I joked, but my face turned serious. "What the fuck happened in Gotham?"

"It's been the shits ever since Batman killed a guy." He whispered.

"He WHAT?" I exclaim.

"I know, I was just as fucking shocked as you are when I found out."

"Who," I take a deep breath, to muster up the courage to ask my question. "Who was the guy he killed?"

"I bank robber. He went out alone that night and tried stopping a robbery. Guess things got out of hand and the next thing you know, all of his limbs were twisted backwards on his body." Jason sighed.

"So he just, snapped?" I questioned.

"I don't know, I guess so. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it myself."

"But, that doesn't make any sense." He turned his head to me. "Batman never killed. I mean, it was one of his fucking morals. He didn't even want you and and Dick killing. Why would he, all of the sudden, just kill a random robber? I don't understand."

"I don't know Em, maybe something reminded him of-"

"Babe, I'm home!" My boyfriends voice cuts Jason's thought off.

"I'm in the living room!" I call back. "How was your run?"

"Oh, it was good. I even saw some frie- who the fuck is this guy?" James asks, stopping in the doorway.

"Oh, this is Jason. He was my best friend way back when, but I haven't spoken to him in forever. He came by for a visit." I explain. "Jason, this is my boyfriend James, James, this is Jason."

"Hey." Jason said.

"Hi..." James bitterly responded. "Emily, a word please."

"Sure." I get up and walk into the other room with James.

"Are you cheating on me?" He blatantly asked.

I was baffled. "Why would you think that?"

"The way you two looked at each other, that wasn't 'just friends' (adrien: she's just a friend)." He crossed his arms.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I get a bit agrivated.

"You fucked, didn't you guys? You fucked while I went on my run, didn't you, you fucking bitch!" He raises his voice.

"Fuck. You." I poke his chest, and walk away.

"Jason, I think you need to leave." I sadly say, once walking back into the livingroom.