Prologue

❁❁❁

{The Project}

❁❁❁

Sitting in class Tamika Hanako found herself staring outside the window, class got boring easily when you already knew everything. Letting out a small yawn she looked back towards the front when she heard her teacher talk about project partners.

"I have put each of you in groups of two and I expect the finished work on my desk next week." The teacher stated, picking up a list as she started naming people's names.

"Yagami and Hanako." And at that Tamika silently cursed, her and Light used to have a great relationship though after the incident everything changed. Her mother and his father worked together so she used to always hang out at their house whilst her mother was gone working. At first both of them got along great, though after the incident Tamika started to distance herself from the Yagami family.

"Seems like we're partners." Light's voice came from behind her as she whipped her face around to meet his. Her face grew hot as she noticed how close he was "I suppose so." she mumbled, picking up her bag and walking straight past him.

"So, when do you want to get started?" Light asked, walking up beside her. He had always found the red haired girl interesting, she used to be very bubbly and sweet though after what happened to her she got quiet and kept to herself. Though deep down Light knew that she was hiding something, something that caused her to become so paranoid that she jumped at the slightest of sound.

"We could start at 7:30 pm? I'll come to yours." She suggested, playing with a strand of her red hair that had gotten out of her ponytail.

"Yeah, sure." He smiled at her, scratching the back of his neck as she walked away. If it wasn't obvious already, Tamika had a slight crush on the boy. I mean who didn't? He was smart, handsome and overall the perfect guy.

Tamika could only hope he wouldn't try and figure out what she was hiding, because if he did she'd be done for.