Chapter 28: A Greek Goddess

Depuis le début

"Wow! I just find it so interesting, you're special Athena..."

"So are you Steve." I smile.

We stay quiet for a couple of seconds. I'm admiring him, and he's admiring me. It's not an awkward silence at all. It's very relaxing. You can hear the traffic outside of the window, the wind, along with nature its self.

I clear my throat and pursed my lips together, I look back to Steve, "Any other questions about your file?"

"Not at the moment," he smiled, "I think that I've had enough for today, you should rest up I'll be ok."

"You--you sure?" I asked him.

"Yes Athena, I'll walk you to your room." He got up and offered his hand to me. I gladly took it and I couldn't help to feel how soft his hand was. Wow I'm lame. "I'll see you tomorrow..?" He questioned slowly.

"Yes Steve, remember you're stuck with me till who knows what." I opened the door to my apartment and as I closed it, I waved to him, he blushes slightly. I closed the door and lean on it, I'm smiling like a kid at Christmas.

I go straight for the bedroom and take out my phone texting Pepper I won't make it for bedtime. I just had the overall feeling of not leaving this building at all. If I leave, would I miss him? Is that what it is? What on earth is happening here? Steve Rodgers is growing on me? No!

As usual I do my night routine, shower, brush my teeth, and go to bed. It wasn't long for me to close my eyes, I was indeed tired. However my dreams were very...vivid.

A dazzling woman. Beautiful brown eyes that resemble Athena's. The news spread quickly throughout the realms and the different dimensions like wild fire. "Athena is alive."

The news hit this particular woman as hope. For very long time she hoped that one day she'll hear this news. Her eyes were watery with tears, in all of this time she knew her daughter was alive somewhere.

Metis.

"Metis you can't!" A woman cried, she was blocking Metis from the door.

"I have--I have to speak to him!" Metis cried. Her voice was desperate. She needed to see him, even though it was forbidden, she had to at least speak with him if such rumor was true. She was already dying because of the anxiety.

"Hera will destroy you!" The woman pleaded.

"I dare her to!" Metis's voice suddenly became harsh.

"Metis!" The woman cried again, "Think about this sister, it could just be a hoax, the guardians were never found or returned."

"But she survived!" Metis implied. "Athena survived!" Her voice cracked and tears made their way back into her eyes. The woman embraced Metis as she fell to the floor. Her cries and pure emotions were uncontrollable. Her only daughter who she had bared with her first love, Zeus, was alive. She had to speak with Zeus, even if she had to get through Hera herself she would. It was their daughter who has finally been found.

"Hera would do the same." Metis said through her tears. Her sister still embraced her. She kept quiet as her heart broken sister poured her feelings. At the same time the oceans tide seemed to rise as Metis cries filled the tides. Being an Oceanide she had that power, along with the thousands of her brothers and sisters.

Metis cries were interrupted by a loud thunderclap in the distance. Right away she knew it was Zeus. She wiped her tears away and got up.

"Metis.." Her sister warned.