"What is it?" she asked, taking it from Haymitch's hand.

"Try it and I'll tell you," he challenged. Taiya smiled and threw it back, slamming the glass onto the bar.

"Oh my god," she coughed. "That's vile," she laughed.

"Vodka," he smirked. "Trust me, you'll grow to love it, it's the only thing that'll get you through events like this. How about for now you stick to this?" he handed her a glass of champagne.

"Thanks," she took it and drank it in one.

"I like the way you think," he laughed, getting her another one. "But you're not meant to drink champagne that way."

"My escort told me off for that before the Games," Taiya smiled.

"How are you really doing though?" he asked her, looking around to make sure no one was listening.

"I'm worried they're going to come out and arrest me any moment," Taiya confessed.

"Not a chance sweetheart. Everyone here loves you. You're the new Capitol darling. Couldn't arrest you even if they wanted to."

"I just want to go home and be left alone. I don't know how you come back here every year," she said bitterly, picking up a cocktail umbrella off the bar.

"Well, the other victors make it bearable."

"Are they nice?"

"Some are more my taste than others. Chaff from 11, great drinking buddy. You'll find your own little clique, don't worry. They're a nice bunch once you get to know them. Nothing like a little trauma to bring people together. Although you might want to worry because your escort is headed this way," he said, reaching over the bar to grab a bottle before hurrying off.

"Honestly, that District 12 mentor is an animal!" Moxie exclaimed as she took Taiya's hand. "Come meet my friends!"

*********************

Taiya followed Moxie around for the next half hour smiling and meeting all her friends. Everyone was pushing each other out of the way to meet her. She'd met a handful of sponsors Tyler had organized for her who were all too eager to tell her how they'd help her win, they spoke like they'd been there with her.

"Sorry ladies and gentlemen," Tyler interrupted, coming up behind her. "But I'll need to steal her for a while," he took her elbow and lead her away from the pack of vultures. "I've got the Crane boys waiting at a table for you."

"Are they the ones I pointed out at the parade?" she asked quietly

"Yes. Seneca and Romulus sponsored you out of their own pockets. They're an elite family here in the Capitol. Long history with the Games, they've had head Gamemakers in the family. You're the first tribute the boys have sponsored so they're pretty excited for you to have won."

"Excited?" she asked incredulously.

"They're raised differently to us. It's the way they're brought up to see it. Seneca! Romulus!" Tyler called out, the two men standing up from their seats. "This is Taiya Ambersnow."

"Hello," she smiled nervously.

"Hi, I'm Romulus," he shook her hand, nudging his brother to get him to do the same.

"You going to be ok?" Tyler asked her. "I have to talk to some people." Her eyes widened and he smiled. "You'll be fine," he whispered before leaving.

She turned back around to look at them nervously and Romulus held out his hand. "Please sit."

They sat in silence for a moment before Seneca spoke up. "Your stylist did a good job."

"Thanks," she nodded.