Chapter 1: So it begins

A beautiful morning had stopped by to greet me through the small gap between my curtains as the rays of a new promised day caused me to open one eye only to be stung by the blinding light.... You know that's how I would have described my mornings if it wasn't a goddamn monday.

* BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP *

The sound of my alarm made me chuckle as it was the first time I managed to wake up before it went off. But even with such an achievement I still found myself not wanting to leave bed but that's just how I (or anyone) is in the morning.

So, with a dreadful groan I pushed myself up from bed and rubbed my left eye with the back of my hand. Still barely opened eyes I managed to set my feet onto the floor with an audible yawn which lasted 30 seconds making me think my jaw unhinged from it's sockets.

"Ugh..my back is already giving up.."

I said so reaching back and rubbing my spine while I mustered the energy to finally stand up and stretch a bit more. A few satisfactory yet concerning about of cracks heard from my back as I made my way our of my room and to the bathroom to start of the day.

After cycling through my morning routine which is too normal to describe finally get changed and head downstairs while straigthening my tie, heading over to the kitchen to get myself something to eat only to notice the time and quicken my pace.

Grabbing some toast after having a glass of orange juice I grabbed my bag and head out with the slice in my mouth so I could turn and lock up behind me. Munching on the plain snack I walk out and let the morning wind properly wake me up as I take a deep breath with a slight smile.

I wasn't exactly late when I had rushed out of my house, there was a certain someone I had to wait for before beginning my journey to school...that being a girl who happend to be running at me with astonishing speed it's as if she's running for her life from some crazed maniac.

That....is my childhood friend Sayori.

Let's start this over shall we? My name is Evan Zhao. I'm a 19 year old high school student and I'd say there's not much to be said about me but I'd be lying. I'm what people will call "The popular kid", "The Hot Shot" or in some cases "A cuck" depending on how you see me.

In school I've been automatically handed this title of popularity by the people around me for my athletics and good grades but in some cases I hear it's because of my looks but I'm not the one to feel proud of stuff like that. There's always an extreme to how people treat me around school, there's the praise from my teachers and other students and then there's people eyeing at me in the halls and whispering or giggling with the exception of girls constantly seeking me in ways which one can only expect but....that's not what I'm really looking for. I'd rather have people treat me like a normal person and have the simplest of interactions than be seen as some sort of king or a monster of sort, yet I do have a lot of friends. However the one beside me right now as we walk to school is someone who seems to be irreplaceable. This coral haired little ball of sunshine is Ito Sayori, who, as stated before is my childhood best friend. If you're wondering the differences in our naming you may also guess how our friendship came to be.

My parents had us move to Japan when I was about~ 5 for their jobs and during a week of moving in we had alot of neighbours greet us with one of them being little Sayori along with her mom. With that I think you get the gist of how it went from there on. We became quite the duo since then and my parents also had me go to the same school as her since they loved her like their own child and helped our bond grow...well until-