«« Chapter 3 »»

Hey Guys!!!!

The third chapter of the story.

Happy Reading!!

◤----------------------------------------------------------◥

-- Flashback --

Two years and nine days ago of the event in amphitheater

Hardik had just entered his room where his new bride was waiting for him. The bride Mrs. Anika Hardik Rajbanshi. A mere girl of 24 years. She was from a higher middle class family, the only child of her parents. Who also left her two years ago.

"Hey you, listen." Hardik spoke up.

"Yes?" Anika asked in her musical voice.

"I did not at any chance wanted to marry anyone. Actually I just married because of my mother. Let me make this very clear, I do not at any chance, want you as my wife, or for that matter any body else. You are just a unknown room mate for me, who I don't even want to be friends with." Hardik says. And Anika stares at him.

'What was he talking about? Was he forced in the marriage?' Anika questions herself.

"One more thing, I am fine as I am. You do not need to be a perfect wife to me, you are just a daughter to my mom." Hardik says. "You are I said, just a room mate to me. Had I had my way, I would tell you to stay in another room altogether. But we need to adjust in this, until I can make my mother understand."

Anika silently stares at her new husband un- aware of how to react. Not knowing what to say and what not to.

"You do not need to tell me any thing. And I do not have any interest in you, so you can change the outfit." Hardik orders further. "I wonder why do you guys even wear that hideous kind of thing in marriages, can it be simple? Bloody wastage of time and money."

Nodding Anika follows the order. Her mind buzzing as to why he did not want to consider this marriage as a marriage? Did he have an external- marital affair. No, those things only happen in movies and books.

Then does he dis- like me specifically? But he said that 'I do not by any chance, want you as my wife or for that matter any body else.' So what is it?