Chapter 12 - 'I cant lose you too'

Start from the beginning

"How about we go to maccas for breakfast?" A sleepy Jace says next to me.

"Yes please" I say to him.

Jace grabbed the keys to our mums black Range Rover , I guess it's his now.
The car trip to maccas was silent.
We decided we'd go drive through and eat our food somewhere else. Jace drove to a lookout sight and we got out and headed to a park bench.
We ate in silence taking in the nature.

"So she's really gone?" I ask Jace. It didn't feel real.

"I guess so, we'll see her again though" Jace said pointing up at the sky.

"Thank you for taking me for food" I say

"Anytime , we are practically millionaires now Harry" he says trying to lighten the mood.

"We can't waste it though" I say

"I know, but right now harry , anything you want? Do you want to buy anything, new phone?" Jace asks

"I want to stay here in this moment and not go home right now" I say to Jace.

"Of course kiddo" He says with a small smile on his face

-

When we arrive home Hunter and his parents came over. Hunter's mum and my mum being sisters , it was hard for her too. It was especially hard for her to read the letter my mum left too.

Hunter gave me a hug and told me to hang out with him at school.

"What about Ava?" I ask

"She can come too" he says

After Jace and Hunter's mum get off the phone to the funeral people they tell us the funeral is on Friday.

My aunt forces Jace and I to stay with them for the remaining days until the funeral.

"Okay boys did you want to drive over?" Hunters mum asks and we both nod.

Jace and I hop in the Rover and follow Hunter's family's Lexus.

That night Jace didn't want to sleep alone so him, Hunter and I set up a weird little fort thingy in the living room.

Although Jace is 19 he came up with the idea of the fort. Hunter and I helped him make it.

~

*8 months ago*

"I don't care Jason Andrew Harrison I'm not letting you buy us a dog" I say with my hands on my hips

"Why not?" Jace protests

"Because we as a collective will end up killing it, neither one of us are able to look after ourselves let alone a dog" I say

"How about a fish?" A familiar Voice behind me says.

I turn around to see Nick, a friend of Hunters behind us wearing a 'pet forever' employee shirt.

"Hi Nick!" I say
"Please tell my idiot brother that we can't have a dog"

"That's why I'm suggesting a fish or two" Nick motions to the fish tank with many bright coloured fish.