Chapter 3 - Day of the Moon

Day Of The Moon, part 1 -

At Area 51 two Time Lords were sitting in the middle of yellow tape on the floor. They were in strait-jackets and chains, tying them to chairs. The first, the Doctor, had grown long hair and a beard, indicating that they had been sitting here for quite some time. The second, the Oracle, had her dark hair in what used to be a bun, that had now fallen to the base of her neck with hairs sticking out all over.

Guards were all around and signs were saying "Do Not Interact With Prisoners". Around them walls out of black bricks were starting to be built. Canton Everett Delaware the third approached with a file.

"We found Amy Pond", he told them, "She had strange markings on her arm", he threw the file on the ground so they could see a picture of Amy's arm with tally marks on it, "Do you know what they are?"

The Doctor looked from the picture up into the man's eyes, "Why don't you ask her?"

A meaningful look made them gulp at the realisation of why they couldn't.

---

River and Astrid were running through an empty warehouse. Sheets of plastic were hung around them to indicate that it was a building site. The women wore long evening dresses and had their hair and makeup done nicely. They were covered in tally marks.

"We see you", they chorused when there was a shadow moving behind a sheet.

Two Silence popped up when they turned around. They picked markers from their necklaces and drew two more tallies onto their arms, "We see you."

"Doctor Song? Doctor Smith", Canton's voice sounded tauntingly.

They looked around for the source of the voice and when they'd turned back the Silence along with their memory of them had gone. They started to run towards the edge of the building. Canton heard, "Go! Go! Go! Don't move! It's over!"

They turned to see several agents pointing their guns at them. They raised their hands and River spoke up, "They're here, Canton. They're everywhere."

"I know. America's being invaded", he didn't budge.

"No, Canton, you were invaded a long time ago. America is occupied. And the only people who can help are being held prisoners", Astrid told him.

"You're coming with us, Doctor Smith, Doctor Song. There's no way out this time", he stepped closer and the women stepped back.

"There's always a way out", River looked at Astrid and she smirked back. Then they dropped backwards.

---

"We found Doctor Smith and Doctor Song", Canton told the Time Lords.

The Doctor was watching the builders, seemingly not minding Canton, "These bricks, what are they made of?"

"Where are they?", the Oracle asked bitterly.

"They ran. Off the fiftieth floor."

Her face changed to pure anger at those words, "You have my daughter on your conscience, Mister Delaware", she turned to look at the bricks as well, "Zero balance dwarf star alloy. The densest material in the universe. Nothing gets through that", with narrowed eyes she looked back at Canton, "You're building us the perfect prison. But you'll find with your heavy conscience it still won't be enough."

Soon, the cell was finished and two body bags were heaved onto either side of the Time Lords.

"Is there a reason you're doing this?", the Doctor asked.