Chapter 9 - 'Back to school'

Start from the beginning

"He's hot for a guy tho" "I'd tap if I were gay" Blake says.

I don't know what came upon me but I slam my hands on my desk, and get up and head to the door. I can already feel the boys staring into the back of my head wondering about my sudden outburst. Reaching the doorway I bump into Harry.
"Sorry" he says reaching down to grab the text books off the floor that I dropped. He goes to hand them back to me locking eyes with me for a seconds before realising it's me and shoving them at my chest.
"Hey can we talk?" I ask him.
The anger in his eyes appears to soften.
"There's not much to talk about Cole" he says shoving passed me and going to his usual spot in the front of the class.

-

The rest of the week consisted like this, Harry ignored me, I sat in class listening to the boys tease Nick about Harry and when I was home I'd find things to do around the house to distract myself about the fact that there was no one important in my life. Besides Harry that is.

My phone started ringing and I picked it up after finishing washing up the dishes in my hand.

"Hello?"

"What the fuck is up with you, you've been acting strange the whole week"
Hunter says

"Nothing" I say back bluntly

"Okay whatever princess, anyway a few of the guys are coming over to mine tonight so here your official invite"

Maybe seeing the boys won't be a bad idea, it'll be a good distraction.

I finished washing up and grabbed the keys to one of dads cars.
I didn't see which set of keys I grabbed so I just clicked them aimlessly until I saw which car it was connected to. 
The black Aston Martin , my favourite one.

There wasn't any other cars at Hunters yet so I assumed I was the first one there and I stand corrected when I stepped inside.

We always gathered at Hunt's house. It was the easiest to get to right in the middle of all our houses. Plus it had the perfect floor layout for entertainment and his parents didn't seem to mind.

"Cole honey come in" Hunters mum greets me after I knock on the door.

"Hunty said he was having some friends over , he's downstairs with Mikey" his mum says to me

Mikey? Who's Mikey? I've never heard about that one.

I head down the stairs when I see the two boys screaming at the TV playing call of Duty.

"Mikey go left go left !" Hunter practically screams at him.

"Ahem" I say

"Oh Cole you came, the others should be here soon"

"Who else is coming?" I ask Hunter , his eyes still glued to the TV.

"Just the usual , plus a few of Mikey's friends"

"Hi I'm Mikey " he stands up and shakes my hand.

"Cole" I smile back at him

"Wanna play Cole ?"

"Nah I'll just sit and watch you guys"

~

Some time passes and I hear familiar voices get closer as they head down the stairs. Blake, Alex and Nick walk in holding plush dora the explorer toys each. Blake holding dora, Alex holding Diego and Nick holding boots.

"Why the fuck do you have those?" Hunter asks almost amused.

"Uhh buy two get one free" Blake says while the others shrug their shoulders.

"How much were they, for the first two?" I ask.

"Like $30 each, so we saved $30 on this one" Nick says holding up his Boots plush.

"You paid $60 though" Mikey says looking at the three idiots holding soft toys in their hands.

"Hunter who's this" Alex asks motioning at Mikey.

"Guys this is Mikey, he moved in next door and he's transferred to our school, he's in our grade too" Hunter says introducing the boys to his new found friend.

Mikey waved friendly to the three boys with toys in their hands and went back to his game with Hunter.

"Oh boys, Mikey's cousins and their gay friend are coming over to chill too" Hunter says not looking at the TV.

"How many more gay people do we need in this school, first Harry..." Hunter shot Blake a deathly look at his comment.
"Then Nick, now another one" Blake continues.
That comment earned Blake a hard punch on the shoulder from Nick who sat next to him.

"They leave more girls for us" Alex laughs nudging me on the shoulder to which I just nod my head.

The door bell rang so that must mean the rest are here.
"Please be nice to Mikey's cousins" Hunter says

"Mikey's cool" Blake adds
"Yeah he is" I agree