Chapter 9

The rain beats down outside the theater. I listen to the thunder roar as we sit waiting for the movie to start. We went to a movie theater a few towns over so we wouldn't run into people we know. She drops down next to me with some popcorn and two drinks ready for it to start. She picked me up at my house and when I got into the car the first thing she asked me was to call her Sara when we were alone. In my head, I kept running her name over and over trying to get used to it. The movie begins and I lean back ready to watch it. During the film, I'd glance over and watch the light reflect off her perfect complication. It takes everything in me not to reach over and kiss her. Even if this is a date I feel like she wouldn't want me just to kiss her in public, besides she looks deep into the movie.

"It's not polite to stare." Her low soft voice drifts towards me. She turns to face me, I can feel my face heat up. I quickly turn to face the screen but she keeps her eyes on me. The side of my face gets a blast of warm are radiating from her as she leans close. Her glossy lips so just centimeters from my face. I turn to look her in the eyes and our lips brush against each others. Before I get the chance to pull away she deepens the kiss pulling me in closer. Our lips part and her tongue slithers into my mouth exploring it. The movie dissolved into the background along with everyone else. Right now, I am very happy we sat in the back. When we break to breathe we just stare at each other. The lights come up and we pull apart quickly facing the screen to watch the credits. We watch everyone file out, two employees walk in to start cleaning up before the next showing.

"Well, would you like to go get some dinner?" In sync, we stand together and walk to her car. Not once do we talk about the kiss on our drive to a quiet dark restaurant on the skirts of town. A man leads us to a table in the back corner of the place with few people. I sit with my back to the wall while she sits across from me. We order our drinks and food then wait in silence.

"Do you come here allot?" She looks up at me. I take the moment to study her face, taking in every inch of its beauty. The noise of her clearing her throat brings me back down to earth.

"No as much as I'd like." She pauses for a moment before continuing, "You stare allot. Is there something on my face?" I shake my head quick to answer. Her smile emerges as my face begins to slightly heat up. She slowly leans across the empty table, "There's something on your face." I begin to wipe my face in a panic.

"Really where?" She reaches up and grabs my chin making me look into her eyes. In a whisper, she speaks up. "My lips." They touch mine sending a warm jolt through me. Before it could go any further she pulls away and drops back to her seat. The server brings our dinner and we eat in silence.

On the way home, we listen to music. "I had fun," she glances over. Her lips still in an upward curve from the dinner. A sign passes saying we're 20 miles from home. "So did I," the rain beats against the car as we drive down the road. Every blinding car that passes my mind slips back to last night. To avoid ruining the night I'd think about anything.

"It's beautiful, the rain." I nod in agreement. Looking at her I study every inch of her. The rain drops in her hair, glossy pink lips, bright soft green eyes, warm smooth tan skin, everything about her is so perfect. No matter how many time I think it I still feel like it's the first time thinking it. "You're staring again."

"I can't help it," she glances at me through the corner of her eyes. "Oh no, why not?" Something come overs me. I suddenly get the courage to tell her how speechless she makes me.

"You're so beautiful, so breathtaking, I have to stare." This only makes her grin from ear to ear. The car begins to slow down as we pull over. She turns in her seat to face me and pulls me into a deep hot kiss. I swear if we would have kissed any longer the windows would have fogged up. When we pull apart our breathing is heavy.

"Abby, you are so beautiful, I don't think there are the perfect words to tell you how beautiful you truly are." When we do take off again the car isn't silent. We talk and laugh. By the time I get home I text May I'm here and kiss Abby goodnight. Before I fall asleep I tell Ariel all about my night. While waiting for her to respond I end up falling asleep.