They could not understand what the Lord of the Clear Breeze City was thinking. Letting trash like these in would only increase the burden upon the Clear Breeze City and what kind of use would they be good for?

Towards the ridicule from the people there, Jun Wu Xie was seemingly unaffected. She continued to flip through a few more shelves and after consolidating one big pile of albums, she carried up those albums she had selected and walked towards the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper was busy tallying up how big a haul they would be able to make that day. All the houses and mansions were exorbitantly priced and having them entrusted to be put up for sale here, he was also able to charge a part of the price as commission.

As he was tallying up how much more money would be coming in, the shopkeeper suddenly heard a loud rustling. The sun's rays in front of him was blocked out by a dark shadow when he raised his head up, seeing that his own table right before him had tens of albums in a big pile dropped with a thump upon it. From the exterior of the albums, he could see that they were albums of manors with very large land areas!

With that one glance he took, his heart filled with absolute delight and his face quickly split into an ingratiating smile, all prepared to face the prosperous tycoon with such a generous hand. But when he saw that the person standing in front of his table was just a tiny pint sized youth dressed in filthy clothes, the smile upon his face instantly faded away and turned a dark shade instead.

Chapter 1423: "Not Short of Money (4)"

The shopkeeper's brows furrowed together as he stared at the expressionless and decrepit looking youth, his eyes filled with disdain.

He had seen many of these impoverished scoundrels before. There had been several other refugees who had wanted to buy land in the Clear Breeze City to live in some time ago and they did not have much money on them. They had then just knelt on their knees at his place to plead and beg without shame, refusing to budge, disturbing him from conducting his business in the shop and had even broken some things.

A businessman only had eyes for profit and the shopkeeper did not have the leisure to want to save those refugees.

"What are you doing?" The shopkeeper asked, his voice tinged with impatience.

Jun Wu Xie replied: "Buying land."

The shopkeeper cast his glance over Jun Wu Xie and his eyes filled up with contempt. He did not say anything to Jun Wu Xie but turned his head towards two assistants who were standing idle at the side to say: "You two dumb buffoons, what are you still doing there dreaming? Aren't you going to throw this idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about out already! ? Don't let him hold me back from doing business here!"

The two assistants immediately rolled up their sleeves as they walked towards Jun Wu Xie, looking like they were really going to throw Jun Wu Xie out of the place.

Jun Wu Xie's brows creased together slightly as she stared at the shopkeeper's disdainful expression before sweeping her gaze over the two approaching assistants.

"What? You do not want to sell them?" Jun Wu Xie asked with a sneer.

The shopkeeper then burst out laughing as he swung his highly mocking glare up and down over Jun Wu Xie.

"Our doors are open for business and we would naturally not refuse to sell. But we still have to look at what kind of people we are selling to as we only sell to people who can afford to pay. Little scoundrels like you should just get out of here and not remain here to be scorned."