Chapter 15: Country Roads, Take Him Home

Start from the beginning

"You'll get used to it."

"Ten bucks I won't." 

"Ten bucks you'll enjoy the spaghetti I'm about to make. Goodbye."

Michael left the room, leaving you and Jed alone. You sighed, not really wanting to talk to Jed. Ever since he'd killed Freddy, he'd been more agitated and hostile. The other day, he tried to fight Billy. It took you, Michael, Elliott, and Pennywise to pull him off of Billy. You didn't even know what they were fighting for. All you knew was that this wasn't the Jed you met nearly a year ago. 

"HAVE TO TALK." Jed passed you a note as you tried to walk out of the room. 

"What?" You asked, trying to hide the annoyance in your voice.

"WANT TO GO HOME. EVERYONE KILLING EACH OTHER. DON'T WANT TO DIE. " 

"You... are home. You live here." You reminded him, slightly confused. 

"NO. HOME. WITH DRAYTON AND CHOP-TOP AND NUBBINS AND GRANDMA AND GRANDPA." 

"Okay, so why don't you leave?" You inquired. 

"POLICE MIGHT STILL BE LOOKING."

"I guarantee they aren't. I go out almost every day; the most cops I've seen was at an antique shop after someone stole something, and they were only three cops. They aren't looking for you." 

"WHAT IF THEY ARE."

"They aren't. And besides, just take your skinsuit thing off. They won't recognize you." 

"CAN'T."

"Why not?" 

Jed started to get frustrated, you could tell. You thought you were an idiot, and that was a fact. 

"RECOGNIZE MY FACE. RECOGNIZABLE." 

"What's so recognizable?" You asked. 

That question had an answer that made you feel slightly nauseous.

Jed took off his mask to reveal many scars on his face. What they were from, you didn't know. Considering his line of work, you didn't want to know. 

"There's makeup." You suggested. "You could cover your scars." 

"CAN DRIVE ME TO THE FARM." 

"I don't know where the farm is." 

Jed wrote down something on his paper before tearing it off and handing it to you. 

SAWYER FAMILY FARM
36482 NE FRANKLIN RD
POTH, TX
78147

A/N: I don't think that's an actual address and I pray that it's not. 

"Texas..." You murmured. "Jed, I can't take you there. Fortunately, I know someone who can. Just, promise you won't kill him." 

"PROMISE." 

"Alright. I've got a call to make. I'll be right back."

_______________

"Okay," You sighed, walking back into the room. "My friend is going to pick you up at nine P.M and drive you to Texas. Please, play nice. Don't be offended when I tell you this. I told him that you had a child-like mindset and anger issues just so that he stays in line and doesn't upset you. I also told him that you're mute, so that should really insure it." 

"NOT MAD. THANK YOU. WANT TO PACK." 

"Then go pack. I'll let everyone know in the meantime." 

"THANK YOU. I PACK."

You and Jed exited the room. Jed headed upstairs to pack his belongings. You, however, went into the kitchen to find Michael. He had rolled his sleeves up, a rare sight, considering Michael rarely even took off his mask, not even to eat. He just shoved the food up through the neck. Watching him eat a hot dog was so comical you never ate yours. 

"Michael?" You called out, spooking the mountain. 

He turned around quickly, raising the knife he was using to chop up tomatoes. 

"You scared me."

"Well, considering you're a serial killer, I'll take that as a compliment. Listen, we gotta talk." 

"Can I finish making the spaghetti?"

"No, it's-- Actually, I'll bring up during dinner. Need and help?" 

"Do you know how to cook meatballs?" 

"Do I look like an idiot?"

_______________

Everyone watched from inside your house as Jed got into C/N's car. You watched, standing awkwardly in the yard, as C/N closed the trunk. To everyone inside, the words were inaudible. But, to you, it was quite the important conversation. 

"He usually communicates through writing. It's a little hard to read, but just look at it for a while. Here, what does this say?" You asked, holding up the paper with the farms' address. 

"Umm.. Sawyer's Family Parm? Like, Parmesan?" C/N guessed. 

"Close; it's Farm. Here, you got a pen?" 

C/N pulled a pen from his pocket and handed it to you. You copied the address on the back of the paper before handing it to him. 

"Drive safe. We'll catch dinner when you get back." 

C/N's smiled at you before quickly embracing you. 

"His name's Ted, right?" 

"Jed, stupid." You laughed, releasing him. 

At this point, you no longer really had a crush on C/N. He was more like a brother. But, you couldn't be too sure. 

"See you soon, Y/N." 

"Yep. Goodbye, Jed!" You called, loud enough for Jed to hear through the window. 

"Do not ask what happened to his face." You whispered as Jed waved to you, and to everyone in the house.

C/N nodded and walked around to the driver's side of a car. He smiled one more time before getting in the car and driving away. 

"Good luck, Jed."