Chapter 9: Ruins.

Start bij het begin

Batbyte: Futile. If brought out with marker's portal, your effects cannot destroy Judgement Arrows.

Hibiki: Alright, then I'll just get rid of your monster. Yellow Star attacks Battle Coela.

Batbyte: When a monster beside our Judgement Arrows battles, its attack is doubled so you will take large damage.

Battle Coela atk: 1800 - - - 3600

Hibiki: Very well, I activate the effect of the World Lance I added to my hand. By discarding it, your monster loses attack equal World Lance's until the end of the battle.

Battle Coela: 3600 - - - 600

Batbyte lp: 3500 - - - 1900

Batbyte: It appears we miscalculated, we will not make that mistake twice.

Hibiki: I end my turn.

Batbyte: Our turn, we draw! We summon D-scale Piercing Saury, now by discarding a D-scale and halving its attack, we can summon Battle Coela from our graveyard.

Battle Coela atk: 1800 - - - 900

Batbyte: Open our circuit! The summoning conditions are two D-scales, so we set Battle Coela and Saury in the link arrows. We summon link-3 D-scale Full Metal Dunkle!

Rags: That monster is huge.

Hibiki: Yeah, I bet its pretty powerful to match.

Batbyte: Now Dunkle, crush his Yellow Star.

Hibiki: I have to reduce the damage. I activate the trap World Legacy Whispers, which raises Yellow Star's attack points by 1000.

Yellow Star atk: 2200 - - - 3200

Batbyte: Judgement Arrows effect activates.

Hibiki: Due to my trap the effect of spells in the same column as my mekk-knight monsters are negated.

Batbyte: Due to our skill, the effect of Judgement Arrows cannot be negated.

Dunkle atk: 2400 - - - 4800

Hibiki lp: 4000 - - - 1400

Hibiki: Ach, that stings.

Rags: We need to deal with that card.

Hibiki: Noticed.

Batbyte: We end our turn.

Hibiki: I draw. Now I special summon Mekk-knight Blue Sky from my hand in defence mode and use its effect, I add Mekk-knight Avram to my hand.

Batbyte: Choosing to defend only delays the inevitable.

Hibiki: Then it's good thing in not defending. I summon Mekk-knight Avram from my hand. Now open, circuit of colour! I set Avram and Blue Sky in the link markers! I summon link-2 Mekk-knight of the Morning Star! Now its effect activates, I discard my Mekk-knight Red Moon to add World Legacy Scars to my hand, which I will then activate. Due to my field spell all my Mekk-knight monsters gain 300 attack.

Morning Star atk: 2000 - - - 2300

Batbyte: A useless move, it still has less attack than Dunkle.

Hibiki: I'm not done! I activate the spell card World Legacy Succession from my hand, summoning my World Legacy - World Key from my graveyard to next to Morning Star's link.

Batbyte: So that's why you summoned a link monster.

Hibiki: Battle! World Key attacks Dunkle!

Rags: Partner! That monster has 0 attack points!

Full Metal Dunkle atk: 2400 - - - 4800

Hibiki: The effect of World Key activates! When it battles a monster summoned from the extra deck, it is returned to the deck.

Batbyte: No!

Hibiki: Go, World Unlock!

Full Metal Dunkle disappeared as World Key shone with light.

Hibiki: Now Morning Star, attack them directly!

Batbyte lp: 1900 - - - 0

The AI duelist fell back and separated as Hibiki landed by them.

Hibiki: Alright, we beat you, now tell us what you know.

Bat: Not a chance, you thought we'd actually tell you?

Hibiki: I guess not. They're all yours Rags.

The teen turned around as the ignis nodded, growing in size and consuming the AIs and returning to Hibiki's duel disc.

Rags: I don't know Partner. They have something, but it's highly encoded. It looks like an ignis algorithm.

Hibiki: An ignis code? Is that possible?

Rags: I don't know. I really don't, why would an ignis have anything to do with the destruction of the cyberse?

Hibiki: Huh, you raise a point.

Rags: Well, I guess we can ask Yusaku and Shoichi about it.

Hibiki nodded and logged out, walking from his chamber and headed to his door, Rags rising from the disc.

Rags: We're going to find out who did this.

Hibiki: Yeah, and we're going to make them pay.

(??? Pov)

Haru: Master, it appears that both Bat and Byte have been defeated as well.

"How unfortunate, so the patchwork ignis and that Okida boy are still a problem."

Haru: Unfortunately sir.

"Tch, how irritating. Their xyz summoning paired with their association with Revolver and the Knights of Hanoi could provide a large problem if they were to gain said power."

Haru: I understand, shall I go deal with them personally?

"Yes. But ensure that you return, even if that means abandoning the mission. Do I make myself clear? We do not want them absorbing your data and learning of our plans."

Haru: I understand Master. He will be removed.

The younger brother vanished in a beam of yellow light and I chuckled to myself.

Patchwork Ignis, let's see just how skilled you are.