Fishing for some tea

Chapter 4: Fishing for tea

Waking up was supposed to be one of her best moments in the day.

That's what Emilia always felt like in the mornings. The time of preparation for another day with her knight, her sweat, caring, idiot boy knight.

But this notion instantly changed as the days went by. Right up to that moment, things had been just like a fairy tale. She was spending time with a boy so loyal and generous that it made her heart beat faster every time she called him her knight. This was supposed to be her road towards understanding love and seeing it first hand. She truthfully wouldn't want anyone else in this world to teach her this amazing feeling...

But now...

He appeared.

An evil, vile little devil spawn that she couldn't wait to get rid of! Away from her mansion, from her village, her life!

Up ending everything she had been thinking about the innocence of children and kids. Emilia is now more than terrified of the thought of a small child coming near her or else they might be just like that little gremlin! He was so rude to her all the time! So disparaging and hurtful. Disgusting with his stupid unfunny pranks!

The sliver-haired lady couldn't do anything but hug her blanket tightly while wrapping it around her frame.

"Stupid!"

The muffled out voice of Emilia was heard from beneath the covers she was hiding in.

Waking up was supposed to be one of her day's best moments because it meant she would see her knight and spend time with him. But now... after a simple week with this newly integrated boy inside of the mansion... things changed, heavily.

The silver-haired half-elf was border on afraid of leaving her bed now. She wasn't ready to face another cold empty day of no Subaru to make her laugh and feel loved. Not to mention all of the nasty traps that this new gremlin boy called 'pranks' that she would surely be victim too across her day. She was supposed to study for her royal duties without break all day according to her schedule, the only moments of relief were the ones she had spent with her knight. And now he was gone. Her mornings are no longer bright and knowing the exact pattern of the last few days this week, she might wake up to either a stupid trick, like having her face drawn on, or having some of her carpets soaked with water that was generally nasty to walk on barefoot.

Small things, yes. But she hated how smug that little devil was about them. It grinded her the bad way every time she saw him satisfied with her unhappiness. He was supposed to be the smaller version of Subaru. He was supposed to be her Subaru. Yet, this was no Subaru in Emilia's eyes. This was an imposter that temporarily swapped with her knight and she could not wait for him to go.

Stuck in her sanctuary of bless beneath her blankets, the lean girl was more than willing to let sleep overtake her again. She didn't care about her busy study schedule or her duties. Just her own fluffy world of blackness beneath the covers. She was whole and safe. She wasn't reminded how much she missed her knight here because she can easily picture him laying beside her. She had him right here. No small devils to ruin her mood, no nasty glares from Beako.

Just her and her knight in the darkness.

"Emilia-sama... Pardon me, but you need to get ready for breakfast."

"Go away!"

After what had seemed a strong commanding yell from the half-elf turned into a muffled noise because the princess was clearly yelling through her blanket, the blonde maid couldn't help but ask again, "Pardon? Emilia-sama, please get up. You need to get ready for your scheduled sessions."