Explanations

Chapter 2: Explanations

Roswaal L. Mathers did not expect that he would be grateful that he woke up early today of all days. He was a busy man with a hectic schedule that demanded he sacrifices all possible chances of good rest and relaxation.

That's why he was so grateful that his small, direly needed sleeping time was cut short by some unknown force today.

He was oh so fanatically grateful for waking up to see what had happened in the mansion on this day!

"... Snort ...!!"

"..."

"..."

"...Tehehehe..."

"..."

"..."

"....... Hahahahahahahahahah!"

"Glad you find this all amusing, I suppose." A grumbling voice spoke as Roswaal fell out of his desk chair and on the floor while holding his stomach as he spouted laughter unbecoming of a man of his status.

But Od, Roswaal did not care! This... This was beautiful to him. And he was ready to cherish it. By the Od, he shall cherish this!

As the clown-dressed lord continued to laugh his heart out on the floor of his study quarters, the numbered cast sitting before his large desk gave their reactions to the situation at hand.

"This is not a good way to start a Saturday. Why couldn't you guys council anyone of us before going through with such a stupid plan?!" A gray-haired, clearly hungover boy, grumbled in distaste towards the culprits to his headache and misery with a broken glare as his blurry eyes could not focus. Beside him, a ruffly dressed sharp-toothed blonde boy sat with his arms crossed and his face looking down at the ground with an unreadable expression on his scarred face.

"Garfiel..." A tall blonde woman in a maid's uniform softly gestured to the boy as he continued to glare at the floor with no intend to look back up. "You need to be strong for him, Garfiel." Frederica soothed while rubbing her little brother's back.

"Hngh..." The boy grumbled under his breath and slowly looked up towards the most disturbing sight he had to ever witness in his life.

He couldn't... Frederica sighed as Garfiel slowly lowered his head and continued to glare at the ground beneath his feet.

"You're making this out to be bigger than it is, Garf. It's just Barusu." A frigid voice spoke from the other side of the room, where a pink-haired maid with a monotone expression stood while looking over the entire room.

"It's not... It's not my Cap'n..." The blonde boy grumbled again and continued to glare at the floor.

"Whatever it is, we need to give it the attention it deserves but not too much, or else it may end up as twisted as Barus-"

"He's not an it, Infact!"

As Ram, the ever-diligent (Lazyass) maid of the Mathers estate, continued to speak about the anomaly in the room with a calm and collected manner, an outraged Beatrice shouted at her while holding a furious expression capable of melting ice.

"HE is my contractor, I suppose. You must learn to respect and care for him just as if he was his older self, maid." As the blonde twin-tailed girl spat out venomously with a protective gaze falling on the standing maid.

Ram, knowing full well that she was out of her league arguing with a great spirit, decided to back down and bow her head with an emotionless expression. "I'm deeply remorseful with what I said and accept your forgiveness, dear Beatrice-sama."