Chapter 8 (Final)

"Genevieve!"

Logan glanced at the opened bedroom door and made a run to close it, but the body on the other side was much stronger and pushed it opened. "I'm not saying anything until I speak to Nick first."

Theo laughed. "Don't be ridiculous, Logan. My wife just told me she's pregnant again and I'm pretty certain I can handle another announcement."

"Nicholas is my fiancé," she reminded him. "Don't you think he deserves to hear the news first?"

"Of course he does," he said, smirking. "But is he even the father?"

Logan gasped. "Of course he's the father!"

"So you are pregnant!" he exclaimed. "Holy fuck, Logan. This is amazing."

"I can't believe you tricked me into admitting I'm pregnant," she said, feigning hurt by clutching her chest.

"What are brothers for, am I right?"

She rolled her eyes. "The only problem is that he wore a condom whenever we were together."

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out condoms don't always work," Theo said, shrugging. "If he doesn't believe you, send that idiot to me and I'll set him straight."

"Thanks, Theo," she said, offering him a smile.

He immediately returned it and engulfed her in his arms. "Anytime, so when are you telling him?"

"You aren't going to be there when I tell him," she said, palming his chest to push him away. "It's a private matter."

"Stop harassing my fiancé," Nicholas said as he entered the bedroom. He smiled when he caught the beautiful gray eyes and clasped a necklace around Logan's neck. "You look beautiful."

"This dress isn't too much then?" she nervously asked, glancing over her white cocktail dress.

"I like this color on you," he said, kissing her forehead. "You'll look even more beautiful in it on our wedding day."

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you back."

"You two sicken me," Theo said with a grimace.

"You're just the same with Serena," Nicholas murmured. "Now get out of my room."

Theo immediately obliged and made certain to lock it on his way out.

"I have something for you," Nicholas said as he led her to the bed. "Close your eyes."

Logan did as she was told. "What's this about?"

"Here's the thing about me, love," he whispered, his lips incredibly close to her ear. "I will be a very good husband to you and do anything you want, and I will be an even better father for our little baby."

She opened her eyes, but he quickly kissed her and pushed her back against the mattress. "Nicholas, how?"

"I have access to everything you do."

"Well that gives me little privacy."

"I'll give you all the privacy you need, but I just couldn't help myself when I saw you had an appointment with the hospital."

"I should have gone to a private clinic," she said, rolling her eyes. "How will I ever surprise you if you also know?"

"I'm sorry." He kissed her forehead and pulled her up into a sitting position. "I would have loved to hear how you were going to announce it."

"It doesn't matter anymore."

His eyebrows furrowed. "Our child matters, love. Tell me."

"I was going to surprise you at the dinner tonight right before you announced our engagement."

"I ruined it," he said, slumping his shoulders.

But she kissed him and smiled when his eyes lit up again. "You made this all the more perfect. Are you happy?"

"Very."

"So should we head downstairs and announce both news?"

Nicholas smiled as he thought about her question then shook his head. "The guests can wait awhile. Now be a good little fiancé and take off your dress, Genevieve."