Half-Friend

My boys are cute, that is all.

____

"You're so cute when you're being mean." Griffin whispered, the smirk deepening into a fond smile, their eyes still locked in gentle embrace.

"I'm aware." Finn leaned back, his face slowly blossoming with pink as the embarrassment seeped in. He turned his attention back to the movie, still feeling Griffin's gaze on him. Telling him to stop would just make him do it more because that's how he worked so he tried to ignore it, his ears following after his cheeks in becoming painted like an artist obsessed with the color pink. It was around 8 when the movie was halfway through and for some reason, he was growing tired. Griffin was watching the movie intently and Finn was glad he was enjoying it. Finn took the time to admire the animation and the scenery of the movie, yawning every now and then. Eventually, he let his head fall back against the wall and closed his eyes, the weight of sleep spreading through his body. He felt a gentle hand touch the side of his head and was too tired to resist, rather leaning toward the owner of the hand. The hand guided his head to a shoulder before taking its resting place wrapped around his shoulders.

"This has to be more comfortable than the wall." Griffins voice was just above his head and soft, lulling Finn further into the pull of sleep despite it not even being that late. He listened to the movie and the occasional chuckle or noise from Griffin as he reacted to the movie before finally drifting off.

____

It was 9 when Griffin shook him awake, telling him that the movie had ended. He grumbled, not wanting to move even though his neck hurt from leaning against the other for so long.

"Hey, you told me I have to be nice, but you need to get ready for bed so wake up. I know you don't want to sleep in that." His voice was still so gentle, but Finn could tell he wasn't getting out of this one.

"Mmm fine...but don't look." He ordered, yawning as he slowly rose from his shoulder and off of his bed.

"Didn't plan on it, cutie." Griffin turned toward the wall and sat criss crossed, leaning his head against it and closing his eyes. When Finn could confirm he wasn't looking, he grabbed his pj pants and stripped before sliding them on and walking to the bathroom on the floor his room was on. He figured Griffin would be fine in his room alone as he brushed his teeth. After finishing up in there, he returned to his room and sat on his bed, letting out another large yawn.

"Thanks for waking me up...are-" a yawn overtook his attempt to speak and and he rubbed his eyes. "Are you okay to drive home?" He eventually managed to ask, gazing at the other boy in his uncomfortable clothing.

"Yeah, I'll be okay. Thanks for letting me come and watch a nice movie with you." He flashed that sweet smile of his as he got up, stretching and letting out a yawn of his own. His shirt was slightly disheveled and it seemed like Finn's sleepiness had gotten to him.

"Sure. I'm think my dad is home by now so I won't be alone once you leave." He explained getting up after Griffin to walk him to the door.

"Oh, so you just used me to not be alone?" It was obvious he didn't actually care, but he stuck out his bottom lip in a pout anyway.

"Maybe a little...but I guess you're my...half-friend now. You don't get the full friend title yet." Finn was unfortunately giving in to the comfort of Griffin's kindness and stupid teasing so even though he wouldn't admit it out loud, he knew Griffin was his friend.

"Awh, even after I took you on an amazing date and let you sleep on my shoulder instead of breaking your neck?" Finn nodded, only realizing he said "date" when a smirk formed and a certain sparkle glinted in his eyes.