It Begins

Just like he'd planned, Finn went to the gym the next day. However, he went much later than usual. He usually went early in the morning because fewer people were there, but knowing he had to deal with Griffin, he procrastinated until nearly two o'clock. Of course, Griffin was checking in every couple of hours, even informing him around one that he was going to go ahead and practice. Finn finally decided to get off his rump when Griffin sent him a little sad face.

"This boy...what a baby, so irritating," Finn murmured, getting dressed and going to the gym promptly. There was no way he would rush and give Griffin the satisfaction that he motivated him. When he arrived, he got himself geared up and joined Griffin on a wall, going quickly just to show off. This continued for a couple of hours and the rest of the week, even when the other members of the group were there. Finn's competitive side was showing which led to teasing from Sarah anytime she saw him.

Over the week, Finn also grew increasingly frustrated at Griffin's pure athletic ability. When Friday came around, he could admit that Griffin would be able to go on the trip as long as he had guidance while climbing. That pissed him off for no reason other than his trip would be spent with a...he'd run out of insulting nicknames to call him at this point.

—-

"Be careful, honey!" His mom called after him as he shoved his large bag into his car.

"I will don't worry! I'll text you if I have a signal!" He began checking the list he'd made to ensure he had absolutely anything and everything he needed. He did...or at least he thought so. It wasn't like him to be unprepared. The drive there was nearly an hour long, but he was sure he would be able to keep himself entertained. Especially with the brand new playlist he made. Lately, he'd been listening to light romance songs that made him daydream about the day he found his special someone.

If only, he always thought with a sigh. Maybe he'd have a moment where he'd be looking for a flower and his soulmate would hand the exact one he was looking for to him. These were only dreams, he needed to focus on the present, no matter how lovely romance sounded. The present was getting to the mountains in one piece, which proved difficult when ten minutes into his drive, a certain someone called him.

"What do you want?" He asked when he picked up the phone. Finn clicked accept on his watch, which he thought was less dangerous than looking straight down at his phone that was connected to his car.

"Listen, can I follow you on the way there? I've never been and I'm afraid I'll get lost or something." He sounded nervous. Finn wondered what his driving skills were like if he was too worried to follow his GPS.

"Yeah, fine. I'll pull over at the next gas station so you can catch up." He sighed, rubbing his neck while one hand remained sturdy on the wheel. He could have easily said no, he did tell himself he wouldn't forgive the boy...but it was hard to ignore him because he was annoying. That was all.

"Oh, thank you so much, I promise I'll be quick!" The sound of the car engine revving could be heard in the background of the call.

"Don't be stu-" Griffin hung up. "Shit...if he gets pulled over, I'm not letting him follow me." He was now keeping his eyes peeled for the nearest gas station so he could tell Griffin where he was. He hadn't even thought of telling him how far he was, but it didn't matter now. Somehow, Griffin was already on the way. If anything, he hoped he was using a GPS and not just driving like a maniac. He noticed over the week that Griffin could be a bit...forgetful.

Less than five minutes later, he found a gas station and called Griffin to tell him where he was at. Once that was over, Finn relaxed in his car and listened to music. After a little while, he got a bit drowsy and decided it was time to drink his cold coffee.