🇷🇺Russia🇷🇺

TW: Self harm/suicide attempt

The soft breeze, the chirp of the crickets, the gentle glow of the moon, you loved it all. It was the perfect atmosphere to forget all your problems, or even just for your own enjoyment. Tonight nothing bad had happened, its just the night was the perfect temperature. You took the same path through the night you have many times before. Everyone always told you it was dangerous to go out at night, but you were willing to take that risk. But you still carried a knife with you, just in case.

It was then that you saw a silhouette in the moonlight. You were a bit shocked since almost no one comes out here, except for you that is. You didn't think the man (or woman, you couldn't tell) would do anything but you were on guard just in case. Then you saw the figure reach into their pocket..........and took out a gun. Your heart began to race a little faster, why would someone bring a gun out here!?!?!? They didn't see you, did they!?!?!? Were they planning on killing someone!?!??! But maybe they were just hunting? But why they would be hunting this late at night? You gripped onto your knife and began to prepare yourself for a confrontation. You hid behind a tree hoping whoever this armed country was didn't see you.

The country began loading the gun, your heart beating a million miles an hour now. Then they raised the gun up to their head and put their finger on the trigger. Oh no, they were gonna kill themselves!!!! You had to react quickly.

"Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!" You charged straight at this country and nearly tackled them to the ground. Your arms were now wrapped around them. You also couldn't help but notice their sweet scent. It seemed almost familiar. You've definitely smelled that scent before, you just couldn't put your finger on where.............

"Gah!!!!!" The country yelled and quickly turned around. A country with three red white and blue stripes on his face...........wait, was it?

"Y/N!?!??!?!" he stuttered. He turned around as you saw a familiar hat in his hands.

"Russia!??!?!?" you gasped. You couldn't believe it. The figure was your crush this whole time.........you just couldn't recognize him because he had taken his hat off. You blushed as your arms were still wrapped around him.

"What are you doing here!?!?!?!?" he whisper shouted.

You didn't know what to say. Russia had been your crush for quite some time now. You would talk to him occasionally, but he always seemed so cold and distant. Most countries were put off by this but this intrigued you. Why did he act that way? He didn't seem to have many friends, so was he just antisocial, or was there something deeper you didn't know? Something about his mysterious aura really lured you in. Although you had become somewhat friends with him, you had no idea if he liked you back. But.............you had no idea about all this...............

"D-don't do it..............." you stuttered as you pulled him deeper into the hug. You took the gun out of his hand, it was a revolver. You set the gun down next to him and held his hand. You felt his arms and he flinched, you noticed they were covered in bandages that were stained red. You think you knew what he did. A heavy feeling sank in your chest. There was a lot of blood so the cuts must've been deep.

"W-why.............." you croaked, and you noticed a stream of tears were sliding down Russia's face. You collected the tears with your fingers and you shifted your arms so they were now wrapped around his shoulders.

"I-hic-it's none of-hic-your business............" he cried. You hugged him and cradled the tall, slim country for a bit longer, trying to think of what to say.

"Look.............I know it's hard..........." you whispered. "But I would much rather hear your story rather than have to attend your funeral.............." You paused once again.