He found a pair of my black ones, held them up to look at them before throwing them at me, then continued to look for something I could wear on my torso.

"How I love it when you dress me." I said sarcastically before pulling in the trousers which were of stretchy material so I could actually fit in them.

As I closed the trousers over my baby bump, George walked over to me with one of his plain black t-shirts.

"Here." He said. "It's big on you so it's perfect."

I pulled the shirt off that I slept in and George took it while handing me his shirt.

I turned and walked back into the bathroom, putting on some deodorant before I pulled the shirt over my head, automatically smiling at his smell sitting on the shirt.

"What are you smiling at?"

I jumped, not having expected George to stand there again. I thought he had stayed in the room.

I looked at him and shrugged.

"Nothing."

He chuckled, leaning against the doorframe while watching me.

"Are you completely sure—"

"George, we are going!" I cut him off. "If anyone is to ruin Percy's birthday, it's your mother."

I stepped back to look at myself in the mirror, tiptoeing so I could see my stomach.

"I don't look pregnant, but it does look like I've gained weight." I said. "That's fine. As long as no one knows I'm pregnant."

George moved behind me, watching me in the mirror while he slid his arms around my waist.

"You look really beautiful." He whispered, pressing a kiss to my neck.

I smiled and reached behind us to run my hand through his hair.

"You're messing it up." He whispered. "Stop."

"No." I whispered back, chuckling when he bit down on my neck. "What'd you do that for?"

"Payback." He smiled. "For all the times you randomly bite me when we cuddle."

I laughed and turned around to face him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"That's only because I love you."

"That's love?" He joked, brushing his nose over mine.

"It's my way of showing it." I said in a whisper. "You should know that after nine years of being with me."

He hummed, pressing a kiss to my lips before he looked down at me again.

"We should get the twins ready to leave." He said. "Especially Liam. You know how he gets when we have to be somewhere."

We spent a lot time getting the twins ready, having to deal with Liam running off every time he got one piece of clothing on his body.

We arrived at the birthday twenty minutes too late, though Percy and his wife Audrey were completely fine with it.

They knew what having small kids was like.

We said hi to everyone as all were gathered in the garden where the food would be served when it was finished.

"Dahlia..." Molly approached me as I was speaking to Fred and Eloise.

"Molly." I copied her fake smile and met her in a hug.

"How are you, dear?" She asked. "You look quite..."

She looked me up and down.

"Isn't that George's shirt?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes. He—"

"Didn't get down to do the washing yet, I see." She said, and I chuckled.

"You should talk to George when it comes to the washing of clothes." I told her. "I'm wearing your son's shirt because he gave it to me... not because I don't have a clean one myself, but thank you... for your concern."

She patted the side of my arm before looking me up and down again.

"Maybe lay off the junk food, yeah?" She asked before she walked away, and I ran a hand over my mouth, laughing into it out of anger.

"Deep breath." Fred told me. "Don't let her get to you."

I gulped.

"I'm not."

"Alright, I've watched this going on for the last decade." Eloise said. "But no one has ever told me why exactly this is happening. Why does Molly dislike you?"

I looked at her and shrugged.

"I believe it started because of my family history." I said.

"Now they just enjoy provoking each other." Fred said.

"Enjoy? I'd rather it wasn't like this, but I push back." I said. "I'm not letting your mother walk all over me."