Promise Me You Love Me

Y/N POV-

"Give in Y/N, you've given in before give in now," her words ring through my ears as I think about those times that I've given in to her. How those moments had been worth it at the time but untimely heartbreaking in the grand scheme of things.

Falling for Natasha while she's still with Wanda is one thing but sleeping with her is something else.

When I really think about it though there's a line in every relationship to which you do not cross in order to keep the said relationship in the category you chose. 'Do I want to cross that line with Natasha now?' is one thought that plagues my mind while the other is 'haven't we already crossed that line?'

Surly each time her hands are on my waist or she's comforting me from my ever-present negative thoughts about the life we now live or when she's showing me her apartment and offering me drinks, surely that's crossing the line.

If I've already crossed the line what's the harm in going a little further? Everything because that would mean from this point forward our relationship would be built on lies and adulterous behaviour but she's here and she's asking me to give in to her and all I want to do is let her have me. Let her, let me have this.

It's exhausting holding myself back from her every time she's close to me. It's painful letting her go off with another woman when I know if I kissed her she'd kiss me back. It's torturous telling her to go home to her fiancé when she's standing in front of me with her hands on my body.

It's impossible to say no when she's asking me to give in to her.

"Natasha you know if we do this now we'll be hurting Wanda again," I say quietly.

"And what about you? It's not okay for me to hurt Wanda but It's okay for me to hurt you? Y/N I know I don't mention it but I'm not blind I see the look on your face when she's close to me when she's talking about children and a future. I can see it in your eyes and it's killing you."

"I can handle a little bit of pain Natasha I'm not a child, it doesn't matter if I get hurt."

"But it does matter, why can't you see that what you're saying isn't okay? The way you feel matters just as much," she breathes.

"I spent two years with the image of her on your desk and wine spilt over your clothes and that was hell but I deserved it so what's a little bit more pain? Natasha, I'm fine I always am fine and I always will be fine. What we have is a moment of happiness for a lifetime of pain because once we cross that line we can't ever go back and it's hard enough letting you go now. Please don't make it worse."

She pauses for a moment biting her lip in thought.

"I'm choosing you," she whispers.

"What?"

"I'm choosing you," she repeats.

"No I heard you," I say shakily.

"So what's the issue?" she asks slightly concerned.

"Don't say that unless you mean it, don't say that because you feel like you have to."

She shakes her head "I mean it, I'm choosing you and I'm choosing you because I want to not because I feel like I have to."

She places both her hands on the countertop behind me pinning me in place. "I'm being serious Natasha," I sigh.

"Why is it so hard for you to believe that I want you? I'm completely serious." She moves her hands to my hips slowly turning me around, until my back is against her front, still pinned between her and the countertop.