Break Her Heart & She'll Yours

(This playlists is specific to the chapter)

Y/N POV-

In the seven hours that have passed since Natasha had told me how she felt to this moment right now, heading to my car, I honestly couldn't tell you what'd happened because the hours simply passed by like a blur.

The world has been completely overpowered by my racing thoughts for hours and hours on end, even now my head still spins.

The second I step out the office doors I'm greeted with a wild gust of wind. Nobody likes the wind, the way it makes your clothes flap about, the way it turns a fresh blowout into a bird's nest, or the way it whips that 20-dollar bill right out of your hand but today the wind felt freeing.

Mid to late twenties, I've almost lived a third of my life and what do I have to show for it, failed relationships, lies, and a job that causes more drama than pennies in my bank account.

I have never once taken a risk in my life even when I made poor decisions, they were all relatively well calculated.

I had a relationship with my professor, we never got caught not once.

I had a teasing boss, so I developed the idea of a contract to help gain a little control of the situation.

I've successfully lied to Natasha and Wanda, which is more impressive I don't know but the point is with all the poor choices I've never suffered any consequences.

Natasha wants me, Wanda has me and if I could have them both I would but unfortunately, that's not how life works. If you want something good in life you have to let something just as good go, like a trade.

I lean back against the glass wall of the office block looking over the city with a newfound realisation of just how tiny and insignificant I am in the grand scheme of things. My problems that felt like the weight of the world seem to feel so much less significant the more I think about it.

"Hey." A voice speaks softly startling me out of my thought.

I turn to see Natasha standing next to me struggling to light a cigarette in the wind.

"You know smoking kills."

She hums "I know."

"I didn't know you smoked," I say quietly, still staring out over the city.

"I don't, I haven't in a long time" she explains as she flicks the lighter over and over again still struggling to get the flame to stay put long enough to light the cigarette.

"Take it you've had a bad day," I say half-jokingly knowing just how badly her day had actually gone. She'd confessed her feelings, kind of, and I'd done nothing more than walk out her office in response because the idea that I could possibly feel the same way was far more powerful than what I was prepared to deal with.