Together

Zuko had all ready given the young couple permission to step away from the party, so they gratefully accepted it. They both knew that if they went back they wouldn't be leaving for hours and they both had other things on their mind.

They had just confessed to each other that they were in love! Both their hearts were beating rapidly at the thought. There was one hurtle down, and still one more to go: one that was nerve-racking in its own way.

Despite having been married for some time now, they had not made love. Aang had told her on their wedding night that he wanted to wait until they were in love, and that time had now come.

All the excitement, nerves, and fear from that night had returned, but they both knew that they could not let that stop them. Sex was the most fundamental expression of love that husband and wife could show one another. It was going to happen, and it is going to happen tonight.

They both stepped inside their small manor, closing the door after them, and gazing at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. After a moment's hesitation, Aang took the initiative. He moved closer to her, infolded her in his arms, and pulled her into a passionate kiss.

Katara sighed against his mouth. It was every bit as passionate as the one that they shared early on the dance floor, if not more so. Now there were the words 'I love you' backing it up rather than just the feelings.

Katara gasped loudly as his hand cupped her rear, and he pulled away from her, staring at her in concern. "Katara… just because I said that I wanted to wait until we were in love doesn't mean that we have to go through with this right now." He said. "If you want to wait, then…"

"No, Aang." Katara whispered, gripping his wrist and returning his hand to its former position on her backside. "I'm not doing this because it's a duty anymore. It's because I love you. I don't just want to have sex with you… I want to make love with you. I want this every bit as much as I know you do." She gave a coy grin as she moved her hips against his tented pants, causing him to gasp loudly and dig his fingers into the flesh of her rear.

Without waiting another moment, Katara attacked the fabric of his tunic. It is a fact of life that any sort of formal wear is much more complex than it really needs to be, and Aang's Avatar robes are no exception. It was mostly her arousal that caused her to lose her patience so quickly, which became clear to Aang when she fisted her hands in his tunic and tore it right down the middle.

Aang gasped loudly as the fabric that had now been torn asunder fell off his shoulders and onto the floor. "Whoa, Katara…"

"I'll fix it tomorrow." Katara promised, pressing her lips against his neck. Aang's concern for his nearly ruined shirt took the back burner as Katara's lips nipped and sucked from his collarbone, up the line of his neck, and to his chin. He groaned, hoisting her up against his body. Katara eagerly followed his wordless command, wrapping her legs around his waist while his hand supported her against him.

He pressed her against the wall, drawing yet another gasp from her lips before he crushed his to hers in an earth-shattering kiss. When they pulled apart, Aang knew that it was time to relocate. If this went on for much longer where they were, he'd end up taking her right there on the floor. And, although he was pretty sure that she wouldn't object to that, he still felt that his love and wife deserved something better than that. So he began to carry them back towards their room. It would have been an easy trip if Katara would stop grinding against him like she was. As it was, it was all he could do to stop his knees from buckling.

What Aang felt in the moment that he first saw their bed was both relief and trepidation. Katara, having sensed his momentary hesitation loosened her legs from around his waist, and not a moment too soon, allowing her feet to touch the ground again.